Chapter 5 : Work at Uncle Peter's store

"I'm going to work today you in?" Uncle Peter said. "Yeah sure, I don't really have anything to do today" I said as I stand.

I didn't bother to change my clothes. I grab my bag and stuff my stuff in it before I swung it around my arm.

My uncle own a convenience store down the street. I never been to one. And one thing I know for sure is that my aunt always gave me new sweater everytime she visit back at home. I put on my shoes and ran outside.

I get to the passenger side and close the door. My uncle came in next and start the car engine before drive it away from the porch.

When we arrive my uncle hand me a vest. I look at him questioned. "You're going to help me rearrange the jackets, consider yourself been hired by me" he said. "Okay" I said.

I went to the back and saw a locker. I unlock it and stuff my bag in it. I close it and lock it. I slid the key around my necklace.

I went out and start to work. I rearrange those hunting jacket, flannel, boots, sweater, tumblr, and more. I tie up my hair and sit behind the counter.

"I'm going to grab us some drink want anything?" My uncle asked as he put on his jacket. "Muffin and hot chocolate" I said. "Okay" he trailed and leave me alone in the store.

I look around me and saw a disc player. I turn on the switch and brush away the dust. I saw an album under the table and went through it.

There's bon jovi, linkin park, simple plan, Red Hot Chillipaper, Maroon 5, Nickelback and more 90s and 20s songs.

I found my favourite Avril Lavigne. I put it in and play it. The song complicated play first. I turn on the volume.

I was busy sitting on the floor without knowing that we have our first customer. "Welcome to Pearce's convenience store" I said.

When I look up its Jacob and he was laughing. I cross my arm. "You work here now?" He asked. "Well what can I help you with?" I asked annoyed.

"I met your uncle at Tip Top cafe and he told me that your work here so I decide why don't I make a pit stop here to visit you" He said.

"Well as you can see I'm busy" I said. "You seem free to me" He smirked. Smartass. I walk away from the counter and stand next to him.

"Don't you think it's a bad idea to spend your day with the girl that cause trouble at your mom party?" I asked.

"She did but I never listen to her" he said and rub the back of his neck. "So you attempt to go against her word and be friend with me" I said.

"So yeah, I meant you were cool and there were no harm done between us tho" he trailed. "So... what is your intention of coming here?" I asked.

He look around to search for something that she could buy then he lay his eyes onto the candy bar. He grab a handful of snickers. "I want to buy these candy bars" He said.

I laugh at him and nodded. He rest the candy bar on the counter and I went around the counter and start to count how many snickers bar he want to buy.

I press the button on the cashier machine and when the plate push out. "It's $7 bucks" I said. He hand me the money and I put the money in the plate before push it close.

I grab a paper bags and stuff the snickers bar in the paper bag before hand it to him.

Suddenly the bell ring both of us turn our head to the door and see who's coming in. It was Ginger. I slump my shoulder.

"I've been looking for you!" She exclaimed before rush to his side and link her arm with him. I pulled one eyebrows. I feel like I want to puke.

"I  just came here to grab some snickers" He said. Then she turn to me. "What a small world, who in the world would employ you here" She snickered.

"Well my uncle own this store, did you know? Or you just some dumb red hair" I yawned.

"Why you!" She growled before attack me but Jacob pull him back. "Please leave, I have so many things to do" I said and leave the counter.

"Why do you have to be so mean to her?" I hear Jacob said. "I wasn't being mean to her she start it first" She defense herself.

"Stop it will you?" He sound angry before he leave. "Wait for me" She left the store.

I sighed and stare at them through the glass wall. She seem happy with her. The way she smile and look up at her.

Escort mean being with the person everywhere they want to go. He looks comfortable around her and they seem close, very close.

I hear bell ring and saw my uncle enter with paperbags in his arm.

I went to him. "Hot chocolate and chocolate muffin just the way you ask" He said as he hand me my food. I thanks him and sit behind the cashier waiting for the next customer.