Pancakes

Luke Ryan was a lot of things, forgettable was certainly not one of them. So Teddy was a little confused when he realised he'd completely forgotten Luke was in his apartment. It's likely that, in the spirit of self preservation, Teddy had subconsciously chosen to ignore Luke in favour of other problems he actually knew how to solve. Like his career. He might have been a little dramatic in his reaction but the honest truth was Teddy understood his career. He trusted himself to make tough or even impossible decisions when it came to his career.

When it came to Luke, Teddy trusted nothing.

Teddy froze for a moment at the sight of Luke sitting casually on his bed. His first instinct was to run back behind the bathroom door and lock it for protection. But the shower had cleared Teddy's head enough to not act on every impulse he had, so he managed to maintain a vainer of nonchalance while walking towards a confrontation he was not ready to have. His mind spun, randomly going through any and every excuse looking for ways to get out of the conversation Luke was waiting for.

"Hey kid," said Luke a hint sympathy in his voice.

Teddy was not in the mood for sympathy, in fact he was not in the mood for Luke at all. "Stop calling me kid, you're not nearly as Humphrey Bogart as you think you are."

"I've always thought I was more Montgomery Clift."

"Does that make me Elizabeth Taylor?" retorted Teddy.

"Of course not. I'd definitely marry you," said Luke sympathy that had been hidden in his tone replaced by something more familiar but no less unwelcome.

On another occasion Teddy might have been into the hint of fun in Luke's voice. But Teddy was tired and the slip of sympathy he heard before Luke pulled his mask on was enough to taint the turn the conversation has taken. Teddy just wanted to find some pants in piece, sit down with Rah and hear about whatever she was planning to make sure his mistakes didn't end in his contract being tanked because the world was more homophobic than it wanted to admit. Maybe some pancakes would be involved because Teddy had already decided he was having a cheat day. One thing was for sure. He was not interested in Luke Ryan flirting with him.

Which is why he said, "Fuck off."

"That's a bit forward don't you think," said Luke with a smirk, hardly put off by a little bit of annoyance. Teddy was almost always annoyed with Luke about something, it was one of the pillars of their relationship.

"Nope," said Teddy opting to simply ignore Luke and continue his search for pants. That was the good thing about personal romantic dramas, he could ignore them and generally the only person he was hurting was himself.

"You might be onto something though," said Luke. "Nothing cures a hangover like a good fuck. And you know me, always happy to help."

Teddy had to laugh at that, because it was just so Luke. It was true that he was always happy to help, it was also true that he rarely found a problem he couldn't fuck his way out of. Teddy actually thought Luke's relationship to sex was all kinds of screwed up. His one regret about sleeping with Luke was that Teddy had contributed to the idea that Luke's worth was linked to sex. But that was a problem for another day.

Teddy knew that Luke, sitting on his bed with a hopeful smile and a twinkle in his eye, genuinely believe having sex in that moment was the right thing to do. He also knew that if Luke kept trying to fix this with his dick, Teddy might never forgive him. They should have talked, should have got it all out there so that they could both move on and move forward without this giant rock hanging over their friendship but Teddy was tired and he wanted pancakes so he went with the easy option instead.