How to plan the perfect date?

Teddy woke up alone with a post it note attached to his forehead. He didn't notice the post it at first, he was too busy freaking out about the fact that he'd woken up alone. The space next to him that should have been occupied was empty and cool to touch. Teddy liked to think he was relaxed enough to not jump to conclusions but that was a lie he told himself between freak outs. He was jumping to conclusions and those conclusions were not good.

That's when he noticed the post it. He pulled it off his head and read.

'Check your phone.'

The words, while not exactly relieving were distracting enough to prevent a total break down. Teddy wasn't sure if the fact that they were written in Luke's hand writing was better or worse. He was still hurtling towards a full blown panic attack, and he almost fell off the bed in a rush to reach his phone on the bed side table. He grabbed it and opened it so quickly he didn't see the preview. The little red number above the message app looked like an alarm waiting to go off. Or maybe it was already going off and he hadn't noticed. Teddy took a deep breath and opened the message.

Luke: Stop freaking out. I'm at the gym. I love you.

Oh, thought Teddy letting the calm wash over him like a wave of painkillers muting his rising anxiety. He was admittedly a little bit embarrassed that Luke knew him well enough to know that Teddy would wake up and automatically freak out. But any embarrassment was out weighed by the pulse of joy he felt at the casual use of the words 'I love you.' Luke had typed that, like it was something they did all the time, like it wasn't a massively huge thing.

Like the leading lady of a trashy teen comedy Teddy had the urge, suddenly, to perform a sort of worm dance in his bed. He didn't, but it kind of felt like he had and he wasn't ashamed in the slightest. He was happy. He was still smiling when he got out of the shower and discovered the empty space in his bed had been occupied again.

Luke was lying, face up legs open, wearing lose shorts and a sleeveless top pulled up to reveal his abs. Glistening with drying sweat, his hand thrown across his eyes as though trying to block the light, chest still heaving a little from exertion.

Fuck, thought Teddy, trying to take in the sight before him with any kind of decorum. He was fairly sure he was literally drooling so he wasn't doing the best job of hiding his infatuation. Except he didn't have to anymore. Suddenly Teddy remembered, Luke loved him, they loved each other. They were dating - or something like that - he could lust as much as he wanted.

"You're fucking gorgeous," said Teddy raking his eyes over Luke's body, enjoying the way Luke's lips curled into a smirk.

"I stink," replied Luke.

Taking his words as a challenge Teddy climbed onto the bed, crawled up Luke's body until he was nestled on top of his chest so that his face was almost resting against his arm pit. He performed an exaggerated sniff, feeling Luke's face contort in horror.

"Yeah, you really do smell."

Luke laughed wrapping his arm around Teddy pulling him into a hug, kissing the top of his head.

"I really need to shower."

"Can I join you?" asked Teddy.

Luke's eyebrow quirked in question, "You're just gonna turn around and get back into the shower?"

"I think I missed a spot," replied Teddy trying to sound sexy but unable to stop the small half laugh that slipped out with his words.

"You're not as cute as you think you are," said Luke throwing Teddy off him as he jumped out of bed.