Bisexual, bisexual, BISEXUAL

Fuck, thought Teddy as he sat in the car that was beginning to feel like the metal tomb carrying him to his doom. That might have been a slight exaggeration, but it felt true at the time as so many things do in the moment. It had been happening, like a steamroller slowly flattening his life. His coming out felt like it had taken years but it was officially happening and he was about to take the final step. Teddy King was about to get out of a car holding the hand of the boy he loved in front of a thousand photographers and fans and the whole world beyond. There's was nothing left to be done, he looked amazing, his suit was perfect, Luke was perfect, everything was planned to the last detail and none of it mattered because it was the first time he was going to look into the eyes of the future and ask it to love him as he was.

"Fuck," said Luke as if he could hear Teddy's thoughts.

"So," said Teddy trying to cut the tension of silence they'd held since their metal tomb started moving. "This is kind of a big deal isn't it?"

"Do you want the nice answer or the real one?" asked Luke.

"The nice one," replied Teddy.

"Nah it's no big deal, we're just two dudes who like dudes seeing a movie, no one even cares mate," said Luke with that big fake smile he only plastered on his face when someone he didn't like was asking him a question he did not want to answer.

"And the real one?" asked Teddy, reluctantly.

"It is a massive fucking deal," said Luke, the heavy sigh of existence implied with his words.

"You nervous?" asked Teddy for something to say more than anything else.

"Nervous, nah. It's only the premiere of the movie that will make or break my career. Oh and I came out as bisexual a month ago and the press is about to meet my boyfriend."

"They have met me before and they seemed to quite like me," said Teddy. "If that makes you feel any better."

"It does not," said Luke but the tiny smile in the corner of his mouth suggested otherwise. "But I appreciate the effort."

There was a strange sort of solidarity between them, less grounded in history and unspoken emotion than the gravity of the situation they were both tied to. Teddy had been forced to reevaluate his priorities during the days leading up the the premiere. He'd pushed his personal drama to the background, ignoring the fact that his heart was breaking daily. Yeah, he was in love with Luke and that hurt sometimes, but Luke was his friend first and it was becoming increasingly apparent that Luke really needed a friend. Teddy was terrified of what coming out might do to his career, but he had another six months at least to get used to the idea before he put it to the test. Luke didn't have the luxury of time, he was in the middle a massive career shift without a moments breath to stop and say, fuck.

Attempting the jump from action movie hottie to serious actor with a meaty role in the latest offering by a prestige director, Luke was at one of those make or break forks in the road and coming out had only compounded it. The movie was the kind that was already written on the Oscar ballot before it had even been made. It was a sure fire bet for anyone, except Luke who was hard to see as more than just a pretty face. He liked to pretend he didn't care, about anything, at all ever. He was cool, and calm, and collected in the fact of anything the world could throw his way and that worked out because most of what the world threw at him was gold. But Teddy knew that beneath his cool exterior Luke cared a lot and he was secretly incredibly worried that his critics were right when they said he wouldn't be able to hack it.

The critics were wrong. Teddy had no doubt about it. Anyone that had ever seen Luke work knew how wrong they were. Teddy was not at all worried about what the world would say about Luke's performance. He was worried about Luke ending up in hospital because he repressed his emotions so hard his appendix burst. But there wasn't much to be done, Luke didn't want to talk about it, or even when Teddy slightly tried to ask if he'd seen any of the early reviews (they were great but Luke didn't want to know). So Teddy did the only thing he could think of, the only thing he knew would work because it had worked before, he distracted Luke with sex. It did work for a while. Until they had to put clothes on and head out to face the world. Then there was nothing else to be done other than accept their fate and await judgement by the masses.