Two Tequila

Teddy was happy. Eerily happy. Excessively happy. In fact he wasn't sure people were built to be as happy as he was, but he wasn't complaining. Even being stuck in a plane for fourteen hours wasn't enough to burst his bubble, he had a valium hangover and still felt could take on the world.

"Your face is disgusting," said Rah wearing sunglasses to block the fluorescent lighting and more importantly hide the puffiness around her eyes. Rah never really slept on planes and by the time they reached their destination she was one wrong look away from fighting every single person she encountered, including Teddy.

"Are you saying love doesn't look good on me?" asked Teddy clutching his hand to his chest and opening his mouth in mock shock.

"Fucking disgusting," she said grimacing.

"Don't hate on happiness Rah," said Teddy aware that he was poking a sleeping bear but too high on the honeymoon to care about consequences.

"I will punch you," she said walking faster to get away from Teddy.

"You would never harm the merchandise," said Teddy running his hand down his body like he's a model showing off some tacky jewels on the shopping channel.

Rah stopped, moved towards Teddy like a lioness hunting. She stood on her toes leaning into Teddy's ear to whisper, "I will hit you where only Luke will notice."

Teddy's eyes went wide and his face pale. He knew she was bluffing, she was probably bluffing. He didn't really want to test it though, so he kept his smile contained until they were safely inside the car taking them back to Teddy's horrid apartment. He couldn't hold back anymore. There was something about cars that felt personal enough to let go. Rah made a nose that sounded like 'ugh' when she saw Teddy smiling but she didn't ask him to stop so he took that as permission to continue.

"Are you sure about LA?" she asked when they pulled into the parking garage under Teddy's building.

"I've never been more sure of anything in my life," replied Teddy his smile smaller but somehow more sincere. "You don't mind?"

"Where you go I go babe," said Rah.

"Okay then," said Teddy. He knew Rah well enough to take her at her word.

"Okay then," said Rah. "I'll see you tomorrow, try not to spill any more fucking secrets on Twitter with those idiots - you know what I'm just going fucking lock you out primitively."

She grabbed Teddy's phone, clicked a few buttons, and handed in back to him. He thought she was over reacting but Teddy was in that stage of happiness where he wanted everyone else to be as happy as him. If it made Rah happy to know he couldn't accidentally tweet about being pregnant or something then it was the least he could do. Teddy kissed Rah on the forehead, ignoring her groan, before jumping out of the car.

When Teddy reached his lonely, cold, empty apartment he didn't feel the usual wave of despair. It still wasn't his home, it was just another a nice but unwelcome apartment but that didn't matter anymore. Teddy headed straight for the only place in the huge living space that felt like his. The piano. The same piano he'd brought with his first pay check. The piano that had cause his first fight with Luke.

Teddy sat at the piano and played his happiness. It wasn't what he thought happiness would sound like. It wasn't light, and fluffy, and fast. It was drawn and tired and sexy. It was everything it had taken Teddy to get to that moment, and it was perfect. Teddy was happy and it was perfect. He was still at the piano, hours later fiddling with the keys more than actually writing anything, when the door buzzed knocking him from contemplation. Teddy wasn't expecting anyone, not yet anyway. Luke wasn't due in til later. His face crinkled in confusion as he moved to the intercom.