Chapter 3

The next day, mid-afternoon, The girls were outside in the back yard having a drink of lemonade. Chatting about everything they know. The Violet and Vanesa idea for leaving to California, Ruth decision about the three men and the new hot topic: Marilyn's date. There so much going on they haven't stick to one topic. They would jump back and forth of each subject. At the end, they all got their point across.

Suddenly out the blue, Violet wanted to go out in the town. She was bored sitting and hearing about all this. They all agree it was getting boring just sitting here hand do nothing but talk, so it is time for the girls to go out and have fun. She call for Charles and ask him if he can ride them to town. He was happy to but its expect for every butler to seem happy to take their bosses someplace. As they headed to the car an annoying voice appear.

"Yo! Charles! I need to go someplace. I want to go to my friend house." Arnold yelled from the living room.

"We ask him first!" Marilyn yelled at him back.

"Why do you always want to do it your way!"

"I haven't been home in weeks. I haven't done it my way!"

"You know what I hope my mom can give you trouble again so you can leave!" He yelled back and slam his bedroom door. The girl stood there silently. Marilyn took them to the car and they drove to town without saying anything about Marilyn's mom.

They ask Charles to stop somewhere in Central Park. The girls groan with disappointment. As they step out of the car they told Marilyn that they wanted something more city- like. Violet suggest to visit the Empire State Building . The girls thought it would be good to go there. Marilyn told them it a bit far to walk here to there. At first the girls didn't mind walking but halfway there they were begging to stop somewhere to rest.

"I told you girls." Marilyn said to them. As she stop and turn to them. She had one hand on her hip.

"Not now Marilyn. Just...I want a drink." Vanessa said breathless. A store away there was a bar. Violet, Vanessa and Ruth went inside and found a table. They sat inside and call for the waiter. Marilyn join them. The waiter bought them each an ice-cold water. They drank as if water was scare.
"Now...do you want to catch a taxi?" Marilyn suggest it. The agree for the taxi.
As the regain their energy, Ruth's eyes wonder the room. As she was observing the room she notice a familiar face. A man in a leather jacket with a beautiful blonde woman with a silky green dress. They were holding close together.

Ruth stood from the table scraping the chair. They girls began asking her questions but she didn't listen to any of them. She began walking to the couple. She was ready to cry. The man with the leather jacket saw her and his eyes widen. She slap across his face. It nearly knock him to the floor. The woman in the green shriek as she saw the man being knock down.
"You jerk!" Ruth yelled out. She then ran out the bar. The girls follow her as she slam the door. Before exiting the bar, Violet look back at the man in leather. He was rubbing his face that was red and the woman had her hands over her face not believing what has happen. Violet join the girls.
Outside the girls were soothing Ruth and trying to ask her questions.
"Ruth? What's going on? Who was that?" Vanessa ask her as she had her arm around Ruth's shoulders. Ruth was in tears telling herself that she's idiot. The girls were confuse. They had no clue why she was acting like this. Until Violet join them. She went in front of Ruth and hug her. At that moment they knew that a hug is what she needs.

"I'm sorry Ruth." Violet said softly to her ear. Marilyn in a soothing voice ask Violet what was going on about Ruth. She explain to them and said that the man that she slap inside the bar was Tim.