Chapter 11

Returning from her family trip, Violet was happy to be back. Everyone greet her as if she was gone for a year. They were even planning to make a party for her return by she beg them not make plans for a party. Just like they plan Vanessa would be next to visit her family.

"How long will you plan to go Vanessa?" Marilyn ask her as they gather around outside the porch. Vanessa answer her.

"I'm not sure..."

"Where are you going? Where is your family?" Violet ask as she sip a drink from her cold lemonade.

"Oh. They're at the west coast."

"Where in Washington?" Violet said.

"No. In California."

"Your family is at California?" Marilyn said in shock, "You never told us about that..."

"It just recent. It's not a big deal."

"Is there a beach house?" Violet ask Vanessa. Vanessa took a moment to answer. Yes she said. That was it. The girls decide to head to the west coast and have one summer hit. They plan to visit Vanessa a few days after she leaves so she had time with her family. Meanwhile, Marilyn and Violet can shop for last minute things. Before she can make anything finalize, She has to tell her father about it.

Marilyn wasn't sure how her father would take the new idea but anything is possible. She and the girls went to her father company. Inside it seem peaceful, not completely but there was less commotion than before. Finding her father office she knock three times. The door was open but it wasn't her father opening the door, but Wesley. She look inside the room and there by the desk was Matthew looking over her father shoulders on some paper work, and James who was sitting by the window reading papers.

"I'm sorry. I should have call." Marilyn said as she almost left but her father beg her to come in to the office.

"No sweetie, It's alright. We men were discussing just basic matters." Her father said as he stood from his sit and pull in Marilyn. He then saw the girls behind and told them to enter.

"What is it my child?" he ask Marilyn. Marilyn took a deep breath and spill it.

"Vanessa wants to visit her family." She said.

"That's nice." He said uninterested.

"See, her family lives in the west coast..."

"Oh..."

"And we were planning; after a few days, Violet and I should go visit her with her family." Her father stop working and look at her with confusion. He didn't want Marilyn to go on to another trip.

"Visit her? At the West coast?" Her father ask.

"Yes.."

"For how long?"

"About 3-4 days." She told him. He thought for a minute and look around the room. He then had an idea.

"Alright Marilyn, You can go for three days." He said. The girls squeal in excitement. They began to talk about shopping and what clothes to take but her father interrupt.

"If only the guys will go with you." He ask of them.

"Wait...What?" Marilyn question it.

"I've heard stories about the west coast and it's no differences than here, however the reason I leave you free here is because I'm close by..."

"Okay... I think I understand what direction you're going."

"I'm not close by to help you when you're at the West coast. So my guys will go and take care of you. If anything they can contact me and I'll do my best to help you. But don't get into trouble!" Her father order. The girls agree however, Marilyn wasn't too thrilled. On the ride back home, the girls notice Marilyn wasn't cheerful.