Chapter 8

Meanwhile, Matthew was inside his office working on some papers. He had been stressing over a week. Piles of paper work mounting over his desk. The never ending phone calls from everyone to his mother to someone in the west coast. Not only was work was on his mind but thoughts of Marilyn were intervene. He was soon to explode. Then the door was opening.

"What is it?" He said angrily. When he didn't heard an answer from the person he knock his pen to the desk and look up. It was Marilyn holding a suitcase.

"Marilyn? What's going on?" he was stun. She seem to be ready to leave. He stood from his desk and went to her. She held her hand up stopping him from coming closer.

"I'm sorry Matthew, but I'm leaving." Her voice echo.

"Leaving?" he said unsure.

"I'm going with Derek. Running away to Mexico and live the rest of our lives there."

"You can't leave! I...I..." he utter the words. She began to cry. He beg her to stay, "You are the best thing that ever happen to me." He finally told her.

"I'm so sorry Matthew." She cried and ran out the door. Matthew scream her name. He then heard a shot. He look at Marilyn and she was falling down. He try to catch her but somehow he was shot too. He scream her name.

He open his eyes and saw the pile of papers. He held his head up and saw James and Wesley. He fell asleep over the work. He rub his eyes and thank god it was only a dream.

"Are you okay?" Wesley ask him as he grab a small pile of papers from his desk.

"What...What happen?" Matthew ask them. He clear his throat as he look at the time, it was noon.

"You were asleep. It was alright until you starting muttering Marilyn's name."

"Marilyn's name?"

"Yeah," James said as he fix the papers, "and you were yelling."

"If I was yelling why didn't you wake me up?" Matthew ask them.

"Well it wasn't a yell...it was more of uhh..." James try to figure out.

"A yelp maybe?" Wesley help. James agree. "Third time in the row." Wesley mention, "It's a sign."

"A sign of what?" Matthew said as he continue his work.

"Dude! You need to talk to her."

"I don't want to talk to her." He said angrily as he stood from his seat and went to the rest room. They waited until he return. When he came back he was fixing his shirt. They try to persuade him to go and talk to her but Matthew choose to ignore his friends advices and continue his work. Knowing that Matthew's stubbornness won't give in they too continue their work. Matthew knows that if he wants to fix this he has to talk to her but what can he say after all things they said to each other. While his thought was on that his phone rang.

"Mclinktock Company, Matthew's speaking." He groan a little.

"Oh sugar! You sound more charming than I imagine !" a woman voice spoke.

"Uh... thank you. Is there something I can help you?" Matthew ask her.

"No. But I think I can help you sonny boy."

"Help me?"

"Who is it, Matthew?" James whisper to him over the desk. He motion them to go away.

"James and Wesley can hear this too." The woman voice said. Matthew was speechless.

"Excuse, Madam..."