Leaving

The next morning, you wake up extra early and get packed up and ready to leave for the airport. You grab your bags and take them out of the room and set them by the front door.

Your POV; My head is killing me and I don't see Ethan here. I guess he already left to go see Meredith....I can't even say goodbye to him...

Grayson walks out.

Grayson: Hey! You almost ready to go?? Wanna stop for coffee on the way to the airport?

You: I would love to do that. I'm ready now.

Grayson: Great! Let's go.

Gray picks up your bags and carries them to the car for you. Once you get in the car, he starts driving.

You: So I guess Ethan went on a date with Meredith?

Grayson: Uh, I think so.

You sigh and Grayson looks at you frowning.

Grayson: I'm sorry, y/n....

You: No, it's okay. It's what he wants.

Grayson: For whatever it's worth, I think he's making a HUGE mistake letting you go.

You: Thanks Gray.

You smile slightly. Grayson pulls into the coffee shop parking lot and you guys get out of the car and go inside. You order your coffee and turn around to find a seat to wait for your coffee. When you turn around, you see Ethan and Meredith sitting at a table. She's smiling, giggling, touching Ethan's hands and arms.

Your POV; Why am I getting jealous right now? He's not mine....

Grayson notices them and rushes over to you.

Grayson: I am so sorry; I didn't know they'd be here. We can leave.

You: It's okay. I just want to get my coffee and go....

Your coffee is ready and you grab it. You and Grayson head out right after that. Ethan sees you guys walk out.

Ethan looks at Meredith.

Ethan: I came here for one reason, Meredith.

Meredith: Me too.

She smiles and rubs his hand. He moves his hand away from hers and has a serious look on his face.

Meredith: What is it, baby?

Ethan: Please, don't. Meredith, I came here because I wanted to tell you that I appreciate your apology, but you and I, I'm sorry but it's not going to happen.

Meredith: It's because of that pretty fangirl, isn't it?

Ethan: Not just because of her. You and I aren't good for each other and I think it's best we stay out of each other's lives. For good.

Ethan stands up.

Ethan: Goodbye Meredith.

He smiles at her and walks out. He runs outside as fast as he can and gets in his car.

Ethan's POV; Man, I hope I'm not too late.

He drives towards the airport.

You and Grayson are already at the airport and he's walking you to your gate.

Grayson: Here's your gate.

You guys stop and look at each other. He smiles at you.

Grayson: Well, this is it.

You: I guess it is.

He hugs you tightly and holds you for a while.

Grayson: Hey, keep in contact. Promise?

You: I promise.

Grayson smirks at you.

Grayson: Good. Now go, as much I want you to stay here in LA, you don't want to miss your flight.

You smile at him one last time and get on your plane. You find your seat and sit back and relax.

Your POV; I'm excited to go see my aunt Casie and little brother Jack, but I can't stop thinking about Ethan.

Your plane takes off and after a couple of hours, it lands back in your hometown. You get off and meet your aunt Casie and Jack at baggage claim. They both give you a big hug.

Aunt Casie: How was it?

You: It was a lot of fun. LA is great.

You try to hide the sadness you feel.

Aunt Casie: Well why don't I get you home. You must be exhausted.

You laugh a little.

You: You can say that again.

Aunt Casie takes you and Jack home. Once you get there, you head straight for your bedroom and lay in your bed and start to cry.

You hear a knock on the door. You don't answer it. Aunt Casie slowly walks in.

Aunt Casie: Oh honey! What's the matter?!

She walks over to your bed and comforts you.

You: I didn't think it would hurt this much, aunt Casie.

Aunt Casie: What are you talking about sweetie?

You calm yourself down and stop crying. You then tell her everything that happened between you and Ethan while you were in LA.

You: I don't know why it hurts this much. It's not supposed to be this hard....

Aunt Casie: It hurts because you love him, sweetie.

You pause for a moment.

Your POV; Oh my gosh...I love him...I love Ethan Dolan...

Aunt Casie: I know what he did to you wasn't right and I'm sorry honey. Things will get better.

She hugs you tightly.

You: Thank you, aunt Casie.

Your POV; I love aunt Casie's comfort, but I wish I could be hugging Ethan right now....

You hear a knock on the front door.

Aunt Casie: I'm going to go see who that is. Stay here and rest honey.

You: Okay.

She goes downstairs and answers the door. You lay back in bed and close your eyes till you hear aunt Casie call you.

Aunt Casie: Y/n! Someone's here to see you. He's very handsome too.

You sit up really fast in shock.

Your POV; Seriously?? It couldn't be!

You get out of bed and slowly walk towards the staircase.

Your POV; I want it to be Ethan so badly.

You slowly walk down the stairs, keeping your head down. It feels like there are endless steps and you feel butterflies in your stomach. You finally reach the end of the stairs and you look up to see aunt Casie along with someone else.

To be continued.....