Chapter 7

Chapter Seven: The Surprise

After my conversation with Jeff, I felt happy. Mainly because I had just been called 'funny'. It was a big compliment for me.

"Lana?" I turned around and saw Ehren behind me.

"Hi, Ehren." I walked towards him and gave him a hug.

"The guys said that you were here. I'm sorry for not seeing you yesterday." He said, smiling.

"It's fine, don't worry about it." I reassured him and grinned.

It became 6pm quickly and people were thinking about leaving because it was becoming dark outside. Some of the crew had already left.

Bam strolled towards me and stood next to me.

"I'm sorry about not speaking to you much today." He said. He was such a nice guy, I was lucky to have him as my cousin. He had my back.

"Don't worry about it, Bam. You are shooting a film," I smiled, "But I have some news."

"Really? What?" He asked facing me fully.

"I'm going to be in the film. I'm doing some sort of public reaction stunt that involves me dressing up as a pregnant woman." I laughed and he laughed too, then pulled me in for a hug.

"That's great, Lana! I'm so happy for you." He let me go.

"What's great?" I heard Johnny's voice behind us, we turned and faced him. He had just finished getting changed from clothes used in the stunts and was wearing his normal clothes.

"Lana's going to be in the movie." Bam told him, grinning. Johnny turned to me, fixing his leather jacket.

"That's great, Lana! Well done!" He said, giving me a hug too. I could smell his cologne, it smelt amazing.

We decided to leave then and we got back into Johnny's car. I sat waiting for the car to move but I just saw Johnny nod at Bam. I was confused.

"What's going on?" I asked them and Bam turned to me in the car.

"Okay, Lana. We have a little surprise for you." He said, smirking.

"Wait, what? A surprise?" I asked, really confused now.

"Yes and the drive to the surprise is about half an hour so you're going to have to wait." He explained, and then turned around to face the front again.

"Okay." I said, excited but also worried. For all I know, the surprise could be a jug of ice cold water threw over me. I love Bam and all but he has some stupid ideas.

I eagerly fidgeted in my seat the whole drive, staring out of the window for something familiar. But I didn't recognise any places or objects. To be honest, I didn't have a clue where we were.

The sky lit up with dozens of stars. I didn't see many stars in England but in America, my home, they were everywhere and they looked beautiful.

Bam was listening to some punk album on Johnny's radio, much to Johnny's despair. He would have much preferred to listen to Johnny Cash and I would have preferred to, too. It's not that I like Johnny Cash, it just that the music Bam listened to was up to the highest volume ever and I was starting to get a throbbing headache only fifteen minutes into the ride.

When we, finally arrived at the destination, I jumped out of the car and looked around. There was just a house. A large house but, still, just a house. I didn't recognise it, at all.

"Where are we?" I asked Johnny and Bam. Johnny looked amazing under the moonlight and I had to stop myself from staring.

"Why don't you go and knock at that house there?" Johnny asked, pointing towards the large house. Bam nodded in agreement. I gave them a confused look but started walking down the path to the front door.

Bam and Johnny followed behind me before I got to the door. I glanced back at them before knocking.

After a few seconds, a woman with blonde hair opened the door and I immediately recognised her. Tears flooded my eyes.

"Aunt April!" I said, loudly, walking towards her.

"Lana!" She said, almost crying herself. She pulled me in for a tight hug. "I have missed you so much, darling."