Chapter 14

Chapter Fourteen: Coffee with Aunt

"I'm outside near the door." The message on my phone said. I made sure that I had everything before leaving the room and locking the door after me. It was eleven o'clock in the morning and everybody had left to go to the set.

"Okay. I'll be there in a minute." I text back, whilst waiting for the elevator. I heard the ding and noticed the elevator had stopped before me.

I stepped in and clicked the button for the ground floor. It took a few minutes before I walked out and strolled to the front doors of the hotel, looking at the faces around me.

I stepped into the soft air outside and looked for her car. I noticed it straight away as it was close-by.

I opened the door and Aunt turned to me, grinning.

"Hello Lana, dear!" She said, enthusiastically. I smiled to her.

"Hello Aunt." I replied, putting my bag on the back seat.

"Are you ready?" She asked me, I nodded.

We drove to a nearby mall that had a Starbucks and a few clothing shops.

"What do you think?" I asked her, posing. I liked this dress; it was my favourite colour, pastel pink. It fell just above my knees and complimented my tan and curves, beautifully.

"No, not at all." She replied, I was confused.

"Why? I like it" I asked her, concerned.

"Oh no, it's lovely and all but I don't think Bam wants be chasing boys away whenever you wear it." She explained, giggling. I laughed with her.

"But it's still a nice dress." I asked, to make sure. She nodded and stood up from the chair, strolling to me.

"I just can't believe how much you've grown up, Lana. I remember holding you and looking after you when you were only just a little bab.y" She said, tears slowly filling her eyes.

"Auntie, don't cry." I said, sympathetically. She put her arm around me and hugged me tight.

"I'm sorry. I just feel like we've missed so much time together. It's gets to me." She explained, wiping her eyes.

An hour later...

"So how are things?" I asked Aunt as she sipped her hot coffee. We were on a table outside as the sun was still shining.

"Everything's fine, dear. How about you?" She asked, smiling. I didn't want to tell her about the Michael situation. He hadn't bothered me in the last week so I thought that he may have been over it.

"I'm good. Bam's fine too. They all left to go to the set earlier this morning." I replied, sipping some of my iced mocha.

"It's lovely that you are with Bam again. I can always trust that you will look out for him. You are a sensible girl." She said. Her hair was still really blonde but she had aged too. Not badly, though. She still looked like my wonderful Aunt in every way.

"Thank you." I grinned, drinking more of my iced mocha. We sat in silence for a few minutes as Aunt read a magazine that we had picked up from a clothing store.

"Do you like Johnny, Lana?" She blurted out. I glanced away from the little park opposite the coffee shop and back to her.

"What do you mean?" I asked, turning my head slightly.

"Oh Lana, I saw the way you looked at him when you came to my house last week. I saw the way he looked at you," She smiled, "I don't mind it, though."

"He is nice." I replied, simply. She put her magazine back onto the oak table.

"Just be careful. I don't want your heart being broken. I have only just seen you again after so many years. I don't want to see you sad. I want to see you happy," A look of concern flashed across her face. "But, like I said, you are a sensible girl. You will only do what is necessary. I envy that."

"If I was sensible, I wouldn't have made so many bad decisions in my lifetime. I don't want you to turn out badly. You are a wonderful talented girl who deserves to be treated in the best way possible." She added. I nodded at everything that she said.

"I love you, Aunt." I gave her a sincere smile. She grabbed my hand that was leaned on the table in the middle of us.

"I love you too, dear." She replied, softly.

We stayed there for around half an hour, she pushed her chair closer to mine and we looked at the magazine together. She showed me the clothes on the models that would look nice on my body. We, then, laughed about old times that we had shared together.

It was like catching up with my mother again. I really enjoyed the day out with her.

When we decided to leave the coffee shop, we strolled to her car, holding our bags of clothes. I was sure that we had spent so much on clothes that day. But on the way, we found an ice cream van and I couldn't resist getting us an ice cream each.

I got Aunt a vanilla cone and myself a mint chocolate chip cone. We ate them as we approached the car park that we had parked in.

"You spoil me, Lana." She said, eating the last of her ice cream and opening the trunk of her car to put the bags in.

"You are worth spoiling, Aunt." I replied and she grinned. Then, we both got into the car and headed back to the hotel.

"Thanks Aunt. I have had such a good day" I told her as we stopped near the hotel. She helped me with my bags and drove away, waving.

I made my way to my room, unlocked it and fell straight onto my bed, dropping the bags at the door.