25. Twenty Five. Veinte y cinco

Folly's POV

This chapter contains a show of love for God if you are a non believer and you don't like that...well.. That's not my problem you should probably look back on your life.

To all my believers though, enjoy reading!

After an exhausting Saturday and sunday.

It was Monday.

Yay!

Slipping out of bed, I have come to learn that Talon was a morning person. I however, was not.

Kicking the rug, I grumpily make my way to the bathroom. Nearly dying after smelling my breath, I pondered on whether I should take a shower or not.

Realizing I honestly had no choice, I slapped the tap open and stomped into the shower. I guess the water came to hit me back because steaming hot water came dropping down my face.

"Sweet baby!" I yell jumping and hugging on of the nearest walls away from the water.

I knew I should've stayed dirty.

All clean and fresh, I grabbed some jeans and a plain camisole, throwing a hoodie over it. Kneeling near my bed, I say a prayer and sing at least one song acknowledging this new day that has been given to me.

I slipped on my sneakers and grabbed my phone and backpack before walking downstairs.

"Look who it is!" Talon yells and he had a black hoodie too. And the same color jeans...

Wait a minute.

"Did you place those clothes on the chair?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about. Eat." He placed a plate full of eggs, bacon some pancakes but instead I stretched my hand and grabbed an apple.

"Let's go." I tell him leaning against the counter.

I missed my little hideout.

"What? Stop playing. Eat."

"I'm not hungry. Let's go."

"Im not leaving until you eat."

"Well. You don't have my legs." I shrug heading for the door and he sighs. "Thanks for cooking for me babe. But I'm not hungry."

"Fine." He mumbles getting in the car. This time we didn't stop at the thrift store since we were already late.

Arriving at the school, I rush out and was about to open the door when to hands held my waist.

"Woah there. I'm starting to think you like the hideout more than-"

"Folly." A deep voice calls out to me and I blanch.

Hands tighten around my waist and it only confirms my suspision.

"Dad." I whisper under my breath. Spinning around, still in Talons arms as he pulls me to his chest, I notice everyone now getting a little nosey.

"I- Can I speak to you,  p-please." He looked terrible. He had bags. Deep ones. His skin was even more wrinkly, his eyes were red. The only thing that looked decent was his clothes.

"Okay."I mutter and I hear a sharp intake of breath by Talon and I only nod to him. "We're on school compounds I-"

"Let me go with you." He pleaded.

"No. I can do this." He reluctantly let me go and I walked past my father while he followed. I sat on a bench under a tree and he tried sitting near me but I scooted away.

"I'm sorry." Were the first thing that came out of his mouth. You'd think I'd be surprised becaus its my first time hearing this but in reality I wasn't. Isn't that the first thing that should be 'expected.' The classic I'm sorry that would heal everything.

   No.

"I-I don't know what's wrong with me. You're my daughter. My...you're supposed to be my everything and this is how I treat you. I am ashamed. Disgusted. I am humiliated but most of all I am deeply sorry. These scars will fade. The physical ones. But you have to live with knowing that you're father did this to you. He caused those scars." His voice cracks and I wipe a stray tear but that was useless since the dam broke anyway.

"I came searching for you. At first for the same disgusting reason but...someone spoke to me.. Must be God I don't know. Something clicked and it was as if this layer or me just diminished. And I'll tell you right there and then I wanted to take my life. I wanted to disappear and ensure that you'll never have to live with seeing my face again." He sobbed, I sobbed and then I pulled him into a hug.

"I'm sorry Folly. I am so sorry. And I know that no amount of sorrys can change what I did and that's why I'm getting help. I'm leaving here to get better."

I sob harder at his words and I tried wiping his tears too.

"I forgive you." I tell him and at that moment everything was lifted from me. My soul lighter, my head less fuzzy, everything was bright.

"I don't deserve it." He murmurs smiling sadly at me.

"But you have it." I smile back at him. Giving him one final hug I look onto him. "Good luck dad. May the lord bless you."

I walk back to the position where Talon was and I found him pacing.

With puffy eyes and a big smile, he looks at me confused before pulling me into his arms and looking down at me.

"Everything worked out." I tell him, resting my head on his chest and breathing in.

Finally, I guess my prayer worked.
Thank you lord.