~1~ The Girl in the Alley

Riley was closing up. The front door was locked and all the tables were wiped down. All she had to do was take out the trash...

Riley's POV

I walk out the back door and toss the bags of trash in the dumpster. Before I can go back in to grab my jacket, I hear a wonderful voice singing some song that I've never heard. My body follows the sound and I find a small girl. She's blonde. She's beautiful and she's pale but despite her height she looks to be about my age. "You're really good," I blurt out. She hadn't noticed me until now, and I hadn't seen her face. She's even more beautiful than I thought. Wait. Why am I thinking like this? She just stares at me for a solid thirty seconds.

"Th-thanks." She manages to stutter. She looks like a badass but she sounds nervous. "I should get going, it's really late." But before she can walk past me I grab her arm. She is cold to the touch, probably from the rain that had started coming down.

"You're freezing. Here come inside with me." I drag her into the bakery behind me. I motion for her to sit at the counter and I go find an old blanket in the back. "Here. Let's get you warmed up. Do you want some coffee or some hot chocolate?"

"Hot chocolate." I start making two cups of hot chocolate, and, once they are finished, I put two large piles of whipped cream on top of each. I take one for myself and hand her the other.

"So what's your name, mysterious blonde girl?"

"Maya. Maya Hart. You?"

"Riley Matthews." We both take a drink and she avoids making eye contact. "What's a girl like you doing in an alley of New York all by herself at night?"

Maya's POV

"I was headed home from a friend's house." I say, lying to her. I was really looking for a meal. I continue to drink my hot chocolate and before I know it, it's all gone. We just sit in silence for a bit. "Well... I should get going before my parents start worrying where I am." I lie again in an attempt to keep my identity a secret. "Thanks for the hot chocolate and the warm blanket."

"No problem. Anytime! Anyways. I'll walk you out." We both walk out to the back. "See you again sometime Maya."

"You too Riley." I take off down the alley. She smelled so good, like fresh honey. For some reason I couldn't bring myself to feast on her. Why couldn't I? I'd never had a problem with feeding before. Soon as I'm out of earshot of the quaint bakery, I grab the first person I see and sink my fangs into their neck. I quickly drain them and place their body in a nearby barrel that has a fire going. It's better to burn the evidence than to leave a body with a vampire bite laying around.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

It may be a while before I write an update. Mostly due to the fact that I want to come up with like... a vague plot to this story and not just write whatever comes out of my head. I hope you like it so far. Don't forget to vote and comment!

❤️ Kai