17 ❄️ Chapter 17

Thousand eyes - of monsters and men

10.6 K reads!!!! Thats 10,600 of you!!! This is amazing!

Thank you so much for your constant support! :)

I'm really sorry I didn't update soon, I was caught up with University stuff. I will try to update soon.

Love Y'all ❤️❤️

-------------------------------------------------
~A week later~

~Aubrey~ 💕

Trees.

Trees.

and Trees.

The forest surrounded me, captivating my attention to it. The grass seems to be a pale green and the trees seem to enclose its contents within. The air was spicy and desirable, but the fresh smell of soil and grass lifted its scent, reminding me of home. All I could see were the stars placed above, in the beautifully lit fresh lavender sky.

Stars so beautiful and closer than expected.

Theodore decided it would be helpful if I was trained in hunting and tracking as Luna. Being a hunter enthusiast, I joined. Also, as mystery man stated, I have a power. It had to be brought out, and I should master it before anyone noticed.

I was given a sculpted bow and a few arrows to catch my hunt.

A piece of cake.

The idea was that whomsoever caught the wild deer, (alive might I add) first in the forest, would win. The only problem is, I'm going with a pack of wolves. Whose smell and hearing is ten times more sensitive than a normal human.

Still, I accepted the challenge.

Well, that's because I ain't human.

I crushed a few dried leaves and sent them along the breeze, ensuring that the animal catches the scent. A few berries were placed near the water hole as I carefully hid in the trees, waiting for the deer to get trapped in the bait. It was nearby, that's for sure.

I heard a crack in the leaves, the hooves of the deer, pressing against it making the faintest sound amongst the rippling water. Its head peeked through the woods, and so did my eyes, aiming at it.

Another pair of hazel eyes drew my attention. The body of a wolf arose as its paws silently moved towards the deer. The wolf, dark brown in shade, was tall and really built as far as its structure was concerned. It looked like an apex predator, prancing about for its kill.

An apex predator, commanding its prey to surrender as an oppressive doom.

A low growl echoed in the area as the deer's head raised. The ears tips lifted up, alarmed as its pupils dilated. The head moved upwards, taking in a scent and rushed running inward to the forest.

My kill.

I rushed towards the same direction, running with my bow and an arrow out. As I moved, I heard the hooves stop and again, dead silent. The water falling from the leaves, dripping was all I could hear. My heart was racing and breathing heavy. I calmed myself down, so the noise becomes silent.

"Still trying to get it," A voice interrupted.

Immediately the deer ran from hiding and I without thinking shot my arrow. It missed its leg to the bark and I shot another arrow.