20 ❄️ Chapter 20

Everything I wanted - Billie Eilish

~Aubrey~ 💕

I was numb.

A feeling of emptiness, shrouding my judgement as I couldn't open my eyes. My head was pounding and throbbing as a huge lump curled through, my insides coming up. Thinking about it I emptied the contents on the flat ground.

My eyes started to flutter as my tears clouded my vision. My throat burned and I held my chest heavily. I could feel cool liquid flush through my veins as I realised I was in drips.

How long was I sedated?

I jerked myself up and sat my back against the hospital bed. Looking up, all I could see was white walls and flickering bright lights. It was like a white box with a bed.

Where was I? My memory very faint.

Alexi!!!

The thought  of her made anger boil through my veins as I could feel the adrenaline pumping, but not in a good way. 

Betrayal.

As I made my way out of the bed, I tried to move my stiff neck so I could see a way out. I could feel the  liquid moving into me every-time I moved. I wanted to remove the needle but it was stuck on and I didn't plan on loosing consciousness again. Dragging the bag,  my bare feet touched the cold ground as I saw a door with a tinted glass in the middle. 

Staying Low, I pressed my ears on it and tried to hear a conversation, a sound, a sign of life.

My anxiety started kicking in and I could hear everything else in the room rather than outside.

"Focus, Aubrey," I sighed out loud.

I started hearing a muffled voice, coming closer and closer. Soon, I recognised who it was.

Mom.

My anxiety dissolved just by her voice but jumped back after I heard another distinct voice, a male voice.

I quickly went back to the bed, holding the drips like a weapon, expecting the doors to fly open. But, nothing happened. Minutes went by and I went back to the same door. Only this time I peeked through the glass. There was nobody, but I could still hear a conversation.

Specifically my mom's voice and another man.

"Maybe this is a trap," I mumbled to myself.

As I leaned against the door, it suddenly opened throwing me onto the corridor. As I got up, there was nobody. Just white walls and lights. But at the other end of the long corridor I saw another door, and through that stained glass stood a man I recognised.

The mystery man.

~Alexi~ 💕

My job is done.

I keep telling myself that. That's the only way I'll get past what I did. Rey was a job, a way to roof and food that's all. 

I rubbed my bandaged palm trying to get rid of the dirt on it and hopefully my sin.

This is what I am, I reminded myself.

It had been a week since I dropped Rey off at the ward. I left that place with more coins in my pocket and much more guilt.  A roof and food - away from the politics. As I opened the bandage I washed the wound with water.

"She'll be okay," I sighed. She's smart, she always has been.

It was not part of the deal to leave the note. Might get punished for it,  but, I can't let her stay away from her mate. Not after what happened to me.

He was my everything.

————————————————————————
So I know this isn't a lot, but I really want to come back to writing. I'm sorry it's been so Long. But I'm really grateful for everyone who still read my book, even during my Long absence.

I sincerely apologise.

I had a really rough time last few years and am finally in a good headspace.

I wouldn't have come back if it weren't for the positive comments and encouragement. So thank you.

Love Y'all ❤️ Truly.