19 ❄️ Chapter 19

Heavy - Anne Marie

I know I am updating late but I'm trying my best to keep up with everything at University as well as write chapters out so I can publish. AGAIN, I want to assure you guys, I haven't given up on this book, and I WILL continue. Please don't pressurize me, but I all I can say is that I will update every now and then.

ALSO, WE ARE 20.7K guys!!! That's sooo many reads! I'm really happy you guys are enjoying this and are giving so much support!

Without any of my stupid rants, go ahead and read!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

~Theodore ~ 💞

Fear.

Anger.

Vengeance.

The traitor was all I could think of. Her crime, unjustifiable and unforgivable. Payment had to be made and made all at once. One thing I'll definitely agree with.

She won't escape the next time, that's for sure.

I was on the edge of killing someone and I know she's first on my list. Pushing my wolf to the back of my mind, I tried to think. My brain trying to function as my wolf saw through the looking glass I created. All my instincts in an alpha mode, fresh and instinctive. At that instant, I had found a new source of energy. I sat at my vanity all fixed up, my hand flushing out letters as I tapped my plate rhythmically. My fingers moving to the tune. Putting up every detail to the list, I sought the help of all Alphas in Oryphis and Kings of each world.

A simple moment of contentment and reassurance, that I'll find her no matter what. But soon as the send button was pressed, the unfamiliar feeling arose. It was my childhood memories choking up my throat, clouding my judgement. The unseen unheard killer, my emotions causing a swirl of turmoil inside. My chest heaved up and down as I took some air in as if washing out what happened. The last sigh and I closed my eyes, walking towards the balcony.

It's in the past. I won't let it happen again.

Never again.

Yet, it felt as though it was I, who didn't realize the re-enactment.

Thoughts started to flood in, as I looked at the wall I nearly demolished at the time of revelation. My knuckles were bruised, a clear evidence of me venting my anger out on the wall. I needed an anchor. And who might that be? An eighteen-year-old girl, beautiful and strong, swiftly kidnapped by her own best friend, now placed miles and miles away. Hopefully, safe.

Gently placing my hands in my pocket, I waited for Sir Edgar to come visit my office. He should have some answers. I felt a hard glossy substance, as my fingers curled around it.

The vial.

A one-way ticket to my mate.

The words, those few words with the vial. What do they mean? Somehow, I felt it was intended to be left there.  A gut feeling, and an instinct.

Despite the departure of the dazzling light, I had to keep working. The night had taken over, giving a black sheet with Akos standing there with pride. The wind blew past my face as I stood on the balcony taking the air in.

" Why me?," I asked the oh so beloved moon goddess.

Two knocks on my door and I was back into the business.

"Come in Sir Edgar," I say as I stand in front of my desk, anxiously waiting for a positive reply.

"Ah, I see what the issue is. Landyn informed me a while ago. I'm sorry to hear about it son," He says in a cracked voice, as he takes a seat.