Chapter 15: Authentication of Princess

BTW: The italicized (slanted) writing, indicates the public/guests speaking (you'll be able to tell later on.) 

_____

  "You two look absolutely stunning!" you awed at the two girl's looks. They looked as if they were small delicate snowflakes, decorated with glamorous dresses. "You guys look amazing! Ema look at you, now you're the one making me jealous." Dana and Ema laughed at your joke, "Well the girl with the bright pink hair will be the one to own the night tonight. Let's all just have some fun!" Ema smiled. You nodded your head in agreement, "may we enjoy this night to the fullest. Even though it'll be hard for me to enjoy it."

Ema and Dana asked you what you meant by that, but you brushed off their questions, "I'm just a little nervous, that's all." You shrugged, "Well you're getting engaged with one of the most desired men the universe has to offer, you should be on cloud 9 instead of moaning." Dana teased, while slightly shoving you in a teasing manner. "You're the girl that every girl's gonna be jealous of. It's not just gonna be Ema anymore." You all giggled at Dana's tension releasing joke.

"wow, just wow." the three of you averted your attention to the source of the mesmerized voice. You felt heat spread through out your face and up till you ears, as Jaron walked towards you smirking; eyes in a deep trance. He laced his finger with a strand of your hair, and twirled it around, "Might I say your angel form is quite a sight. They bring such coolness, to such sore eyes." He whispers at you with a longing tone.

"T-Thank you." You thank him, while slightly tilting your head downwards in embarrassment with all the attention. You looked up to see Jaron Signal Ema and Dana to leave you two alone, you watch as they scurry away towards the exit of the large bedroom; much to your unlikeliness. "Well you look absolutely precious my rose, how do I look?" You looked at his attire, he wore dark black trousers, with a red and gold tunic. He wore his usual leather riding boots up this knees, along with golden cufflinks. His attire was adorned with various golden jewels, and chains around the side of his waist. And as if he didn't look good enough, on his head sat a golden crown; embedded with diamonds and other various jewels.

He looked you over, "you need your crown; you are royalty after all." You looked into his eyes, "It's a masked ball, and besides, I don't exactly have a kingdom left to call mine." You muttered. Jaron sighed, and walked towards you. He took you hand and lifted it up, he then twirled you around and kissed the top of your hand. "My kingdom will always be called yours." You heard the clock ring, signalling that it hit an o'clock. "Oh look at the time, I believe the guest have finished going through the beverages. Shall we make our announcement?" He smiled at you, and held out his hand for you to take. You placed your small silver gloved hand into his.

"As you wish my Prince." you scowled, He walked towards the exit with you.

"Tonight my Rose, I'll make you feel like the princess you are."

~~

"Why did Prince Jaron Pick her?" "I heard she's a princess of some foreign land" "She's quite beautiful." "She's a magic user" "Is she an angel?" "I wonder how they met?" "How strange"

Your heart beat faster and faster as each second passed by, you could hear gossip run through the guests in a fast and merciless manner. You felt your palms start to sweat, as you held them tightly in fist. Luckily for you, you were wearing gloves.

Jaron had led you onto stone made stage, which was decorated with red velvet curtains. The ball room was huge to put it simple, it had a large dance floor; and massive sized balcony's holding hundreds of guests. The ballroom in Cinderella looked liked child's play, compared to the one you were in. The fact that hundreds of people were staring at you, didn't exactly help your nervousness. Jaron must be used to this, after all, he did grow up in an environment like this.

You looked towards your right, to see Jaron standing and talking to some guests casually. Where as you were standing next to him awkwardly, you began examining your ring; trying to look as if you were occupied, and not lonely. Jaron must have noticed, for he cleared his throat; and waved his guests off. He grinned at you, "Ready for the big announcement?" You groaned, "no." Jaron smiled, "Great! Let's do it a bit early so that you can enjoy the ball and not have to wait here. Unless you enjoy being by my side, or would like to talk to me the whole time. I'd be more than happy to spend my time with you, we could even end the party early and spend some ti-"

"I'd like to enjoy the ball, can you please hurry up? I don't like all these people staring at me." Jaron smirked, He then turned his attention to the crowd and clapped loudly; effectively quieting down the crowd. "Ladies and gentlemen, I'd like to get this party started with the reason why it's being held. I Prince Jaron Erectus of Crozenia, am engaged to Princess (y/n) Rose of Saturn. I wanted to celebrate this wonderful occasion and have held back no expense. Please enjoy this party, and give us your best wishes; and be sure to attend the wedding."

The crowd went silent, "did he just say Saturn!" "Aren't they sworn enemies?" "she's still alive?!?" "I can't believe it! The Princess is alive!" "What's going on! I thought she died at the age of four!" "Is this some sort of hoax?" "Her hair, she's the last female helio angel!" "Is it true?" "What's going on". You looked at the perplexed crowd, and felt extremely insecure. The thought of them not believing that you were the real princess, never crossed your mind. You've never had to deal with claiming your own identity. But it was only natural that the crowd would react like this, your parents had made it clear that you were dead; and the confused faces were the result of your facial traits baring a striking resemblance with your parents.

Jaron smirked and raised his voice, "I'm well aware of the false rumors regarding my beloved, she is indeed none other than the infamous Princess of Saturn." Jaron turned towards you, and whispered, "I guess you'll have to prove it." He smiled, you mentally cursed him for putting you in this position, "You evil man!" You whispered, while raising your eyebrow at him. He chuckled, "What? I'd like to also know who exactly I'm getting engaged too."

"Can I use my scepter?"

"You can open it, but it's powers are dead. It's like a decoration at the moment." He whispered, you pulled out your ring, and threw it in the air. "Helio energy!" you yelled. The ring circled around in the air, and began glowing a blinding white. The crowd watched in anticipation. "Could it really be her?" "I can't believe this, this is too good to be true" "That's saturn's scepter!" "It really is her!" "Wow"

You felt your face slightly heat up, you couldn't decide if the crowd was either praising you; or acknowledging you how a child would observe an animal in the zoo." The ring finally took it's full form, and descended slowly towards you. "I am the Princess (y/n) Rose of Saturn, and-."

"LONG LIVE PRINCESS ROSE!"

You turned around to where the shout emerged from, you turned to see a lady waving a handkerchief in the air, and smiling with tears of joy in her eyes. She kept on repeating herself, and after a while, the whole room broke into a chant. "Long live the fair princess!" You felt so special, so bright during that small moment. You watched as these people expressed their admiration for you, how much they love you. You truly felt like a princess at that moment. An alive one.

At this point, the whole room was chanting your name in a large symphony. A smile slowly crept up your face, as you held your scepter proudly by your side. You felt Jaron lean into you side and whisper.

"Told you tonight that I'd make you feel like a princess"