Chapter 21: Lost Love

You felt yourself begin to wake up, but you tried to fight that will; instead you snuggled up against the form that was radiating heat off and making you feel extremely comfortable. You felt you hair being petted, someone quietly began shaking you awake, "hey, wake up sleeping beauty. It's 4 pm, if you sleep any longer, you won't be able to sleep during the night." You began whining, "Five more minutes mom, I don't have school today."

"Yes, I'm well aware of that fact my Rose." That one word was all it took to snap you awake, you sat up; but were quickly brought down again due to his hold, "Okay, I need you to do something for me." He whispered, You slowly turned your head towards the man who you slept on the whole night, "Y-Yes?"

"I want you to go shopping, preferably for a certain wedding dress; I feel like the sooner we get married, the better." You felt your stomach turn, "I will not marry you," You protested in a gruff voice. Jaron muttered something under his voice, as if he didn't mean for you to hear it; but nonetheless, you heard it crystal clear.

She'd be jumping up and down if she had her memories

You were about to ask him what he meant by that statement, but where cut off by a serious look of his, "I want you to tell me what happened yesterday, in detail," He stressed the last part with a strong tone. He stood up and walked over to what looked like a dresser, he then picked up what seemed like to be some sort of brush, "You came to our room quite petrified, and were mumbling something about seeing a ghost or something of that sort." He walked over to you and began combing you hair; you could tell by his strokes that this was the first time he was doing it.

"Well, I'm not sure what really happened. I don't even know how to explain it all," you sighed quietly, you weren't exactly sure where to start. You felt the soft and gentle strokes he did through your long silky (h/c) hair. You were quite surprised how he hadn't pulled on a single knot yet. "Why don't we start after you were screaming in the mirror? You told me you had some sort of nightmar-"

"No but it all started from that nightmare! That was where I first saw her." He paused for a moment, "her?" He asked in curiosity. "Yes her, I'll tell you everything."

~~

Jaron had listened through your whole experience, nodding at you while you were recalling the events; as to not make you feel silly or foolish. After the whole ordeal of explaining what happened, he tied your hair and sighed, "Do you remember what that ghostly figure looked like?" You nodded your head, Jaron got up to place the comb back to where it belonged.

"She had long pink hair, and a black dress. Although I couldn't see her eyes for some reason," you heard the brush drop from Jaron's hand, he bent down to pick it up, and quietly placed it back to it's origin. "I see, I'll tell you what I remember regarding what happened last night," he yawned, you raised an eyebrow questioning what he meant by that.

"A maid came in this morning saying that she had found you passed out in the kitchen, she assumed that you had gone in there to get a glass of water. She woke you up and then led you back to our room, after that, she went back to her duties." You eyes widened, you didn't understand what Jaron was mumbling. That wasn't at all what happened! He ran a hand through his raven black hair and continued, "You came inside the room, and instantly fell asleep; my bet is that you accidently must have drank something at the party. You've told me before that you've never drank alcohol, so it must have been a bit hard on you."

You were completely speechless after his interpretation of last night's events, you quietly stood up and headed towards the bathroom to take a shower, "you're probably right, I need to go take a shower now." You stuttered, you needed to clear your mind out about everything.

~~

He watched as the oblivious female paced towards the bathroom, "Take your time," he said in a cheerful voice. She nodded her head and stepped into the shower, once he heard the shower turn on; his fake expression fell. He hated having to use magic on her, to make her do as he says; it was cruel but for her own good. He went outside, and quickly retraced (y/n)'s steps; according to what she had described to him. She had mentioned a room where she found pictures of her. He sucked in his breath once he approached the door, it was shut tight like he had left it. He pulled out the key and unlocked the door.

Once he opened the door, he found that everything was still right where he had left them. Everything except.

The locket

The room's candles were burned off, but that was nothing out of the ordinary; for they haven't been used in years. So what exactly happened last night? And why couldn't Jaron hear any of the commotion. "Apollyon" He whipped his head around, looking for where the sound was coming from. "My dear Apollyon"

His eyes widened, "A-Aurora?" He couldn't see any figure from which the sound was coming from. He looked around the room further with his weary eyes, "You know I don't go by that name anymore."

"I tried to tell her last night," he felt the room's temperature decrease exponentially. It was said that if a spirit or a ghost was nearby, the first thing that would happen; would be the temperature dropping. Jaron frowned, "I don't want you to bring back painful memories to her."

"Your saying 'her' as if your talking about someone else, you need to tell 'ME' what happened a 1000 years ago. I fell in love with that murderer again!" Jaron could hear the sound of the wind whispering through the room. He felt his throat go dry, as he looked around the room for that sound, "Aurora, I love you so much. How I wish I wasn't killed that day, seeing you mourn over me made me sick. Even after death." He whispered, his eyes began turning their blood red color.

The demon began coming out, Jaron was possessed by a demon you could say; it became a part of him. Jaron was no ordinary man, he had been born with a purpose; a purpose to find (y/n) and fulfil her dying wish.

"Jaron, if you don't tell her... I'll have to tell her my way," the wind in the room began to hasten, causing Jaron's hair to ruffle up, "Don't be foolish Aurora."

"Would you like to test me my dear?" The honey glazed voice warned, the demon chuckled slightly. He heard a soft but hastened knock on the door. "Come in," He ordered, a worried maid came in looking flustered, "Ms. (y/n) began screaming, she then ran out of the shower; and is now demanding to see you." Jaron raised an eyebrow, "Was it a spider or insect?" He asked.

"I'm not sure your majesty, but I think you should check it out," and with that, the maid scurried away towards the direction of (y/n). Jaron heard the sound of something drop, he looked behind him to see something sprawled on a parchment that was placed on his table.

"She needs to know"

He took in a deep breath, and exhaled. It looked like the (h/c) headed girl would find out sooner or later, with Jaron's help

Or without

He only wanted to keep her safe, away from the world's dread and painful reality. He turned towards the large painting of her, long beautiful curls emphasizing the delicacy of her features. But the most beautiful thing about the portrait of her

were those beautiful electric blue eyes.

He chuckled softly, "You always did find a way to get what you want my love."