Chapter 26: A Domino Effect

"But why'd you pick a time this late to meet up?" He asked, his laughing emerald eyes questioning you.

Ever since you figured out about the reality of Hydron, you felt a consistent urge to meet up with Jaron. With the memory of all the spells and regaining all of your magic back; you were able to find a way to communicate him through your dreams. Calling him, and letting him know about every single thing. Including a way to meet up.

"I picked this time because I knew Hydron would be really occupied, and the darkness would help conceal us." you stated matter of factly, he looked down at you with proud eyes. He leaned into you, and ruffled up your hair, "you always have been a smart little thing haven't you? Communicating through our dreams was one heck of a smart idea."

You blushed lightly at his statement, and smoothed down your hair. As you were combing through your wet hair, you felt a rough pull on your hands; something sturdy placed itself behind your back, and your legs were pulled upwards. Jaron was carrying you bridal style, and walking towards a shade, "I really don't care if I get pneumonia, but I certainly do care if you do." he placed you down against the brick wall, and sat down next to you; wilts entwining his hand into yours. "So how does it feel to get your past and present self together huh?"

To be quite honest, it felt completely natural; since both parts of you united, you just merely continued on with your life, but had both pieces now. You were still the same old past and present (y/n), nothing really changed about you; except you now were more wise and had more knowledge. And you were definitely more powerful.

Even though you knew of the killings Tybalt did, and even the murder of your very self. Doubts still formed in your mind about him, even though he was a spitting image of Tybalt; his personality and the way he treated you was completely different.

"Your thinking about him aren't you? He's not the same old Tybalt." Jaron whispered as if reading your mind. You diverted your attention to him, and raised an eyebrow, "what do you mean? Isn't he an incarnation of Tybalt, just like you and me are?" you pondered, Jaron sighed.

"He is, but he doesn't have all his memories back just like you didn't. Of course the old Tybalt is trying to reach him, but since Tybalt had committed an act of murder, he became a fallen angel. Obviously he's having trouble reaching Hydron, since Hydron is a creature of Light," He smirks while twirling your hair, "just like you are."

This was news, that means Hydron is... he's still Hydron. He's still the amazing man that you fell in love with, the guy who cared and protected you. You felt your heart begin to grow love sick, how on earth could you love two people at once?

You sat down in silence, feeling a sick like mold growing inside you; seeping through the cracks and filling your small form up. It hurt, it hurt a lot; you had thought of him as a murderer, yet a small part of you was still infatuated with him.

"You still love him don't you?" Jaron said in a hushed voice, a grim expression placed with sad eyes. "I can see it written all over your face."

You froze at his statement, you really didn't know what you felt. A mix of colors and emotions... feelings and words, you were utterly lost as you sat down in the rain, and thought about who you really loved. "I... I don't know anymore."

"Take your time."

~~

It was around 2 am by the time you got back home, hair soaked and a glum expression decorated your beautiful face. You knew that your mother would not be happy to see you drenched like this, so the quicker you went back to your room would prove to be to your benefit. But despite everything, you slowly trudged to your room; with a heavy heart and lost mind. You really didn't know anymore what to do with your life.

You entered your room quietly, hearing the rain softly drum against the palace walls. Your room was dark, and you didn't feel the need to open the lights. It began raining harder and you could hear thunder rumbling and lightning plunging through the night. As if on cue, you began to feel a very bad feeling; as if your sixth sense was warning you that something was coming. Something very bad, and you couldn't help but hug yourself as you began to subconsciously think of why you would get a feeling like this. You weren't exactly scared of the dark, so then what?

*SCREECH* *glass break*

You eyes widened, you got up and headed towards the direction of the sound. You hastily opened your door and ran outside, only to see that Hydron and other royal family members including your biological aunt wearing horrid and lost expressions. Hydron looks at you, his face more distressed once the sight of you soaked reaches him. Your eyes search to the crowd, and realization hits you.

Your mother's missing