Part 3

Part 3

Ten semesters? What the hell were ten semesters? What did Dash mean? And even though the words sounded innocuous enough, I could tell there was a sinister meaning to them. Dash made them sound like a threat. And I wanted to know what he meant. But first, I had to find out for myself.

I tried to find out the meaning of ten semesters. I looked through books in the library, and even performed an internet search, but nothing. Nobody knew what ten semesters really were, and that's when I knew I was in trouble. Because if books didn't have the answer, then nobody did.

"Bri, what are you doing? You've been sitting in the same spot for ours, in the same position might I add," Tracey asked.

"Do you know what ten semesters mean?" I asked her.

"Ten semesters? I don't know what you're talking about. Did somebody say this to you?" She enquired. We were sitting in our dorm room since classes have ended for the day. And I was trying really hard to forget what Dash said, but my mind kept coming back to his words; which was why I was trying to decipher the meaning of his words instead of reading the next chapters in my textbooks.

I sighed. "Dash said that if I don't apologize to him in twenty four hours then I will face the ten semesters. I have no idea what he meant, but I want to know."

Tracey's eyes widened. "Wow, you pissed him off that much."

"It's your fault for making him sit with me. And he wasn't letting me concentrate on the lecture, I had to teach him a lesson," I argued.

"Bri, how about next time you try to fight someone your own size," Tracey suggested, causing me to scowl.

"Excuse me! I may be short but that doesn't mean I should just sit and let him do whatever he wants; if Dash will cause trouble, then he should face the consequences as well," I said.

"Yeah, and he is what 5'10, 5'11 maybe, and he is still a teenager, he will only grow taller and become all muscular. And you, you will remain tiny. No offence, Bri, but Dash can crush you like a bug. Be careful," my best friend stated.

"I like how much faith you have in me," I bit out, saturating my words with sarcasm.

"I'm just looking out for you. You are a bookworm, it's best if you don't get on Dash's bad side," she replied.

"Bookworm?! I am so not!" Just because I had my head buried in a book all the time did not make me a bookworm, or maybe I was just crazy.

Tracey rolled her eyes. "Fine book caterpiller then, happy? Just apologize to Dash tomorrow, and I will try my best to keep him away from you. If I knew how dangerous he was, I wouldn't have let him sit with you."

"It doesn't take a genius to spot trouble, Tracey," I stated.

"Yeah, well, I was blinded by his good looks," Tracey defended.

"Looks aren't everything. A guy needs to have brains as well," I replied.

"Oh I think Dash has brains, lots of it. Otherwise he wouldn't have come up with this ten semesters." Tracey sighed audibly.

I groaned. "Do you have any idea what it means? I don't want to apologize to him, he doesn't deserve it. I mean, he touched my knee and would've gone further if I hadn't stopped him."

"Your framed him for possession of drugs—I'm surprised the Headmaster didn't expel him—so he is bound to be angry," Tracey responded.

Falling back on my bed, I closed my eyes and willed my brain to give me the answer to Dash's words. I could not believe I didn't know what he meant. I always knew what people meant. But this guys, this dangerous, hot boy had me stumped. It was the start of my new academic year and I was already clueless. If Dash kept this up, I was going to have a serious acne problem.