Part 29

Part 29

I was an idiot to think he would abide by his promise to leave me alone. Why did I think Dash would suddenly start being honest with me? I mean, this was the guy who sabotaged my investigation so he could protect his cousin. Dash was only honest and loyal to Lauren, nobody else. And the sooner I accepted this fact, the better it was. But my stupid heart just didn't want to let go.

"Bri? Come on out. You've been in there for half an hour!" Tracey hollered from outside the bathroom stall. I wiped my eyes with my fingers, but the stupid tears kept falling. It was all his fault. He just didn't know when to stop hurting me.

I was currently hiding inside the girls' bathroom, crying my eyes out because of what Dash did in class. I told him I would keep his secret if only he promised to leave me alone, because I wanted to move on. But Dash was making it impossible.

The moment I saw him when I entered the classroom, I swear I could hear my heart breaking all over again. He was so handsome and the way he was looking at me made me want to throw my arms around him and never let him go. But that was not possible anymore. He was no longer mine.

Why did he have to look at me like that and touch me like that when he couldn't even bother to tell me the truth? If he couldn't give me his trust, why did he still look at me like we were together when we weren't? It was not fair. Dash was not being fair.

"Bri! Come out already. Look, Dash is a jerk. He is messing with your mind so you don't move on. That's how guys like him are. They hurt you and then don't want you to heal. But you are stronger than that. You have me and Damien. Forget about Dash!" Tracey yelled. If she kept this up, the entire academy would know that Dash and I broke up. Who was I kidding, they already knew.

"Tracey, leave me alone. I just want to be alone for a little while." I told her.

"But I can't leave you alone," she replied.

"Please. I'll meet you in the cafeteria in a little while. Damien is going to worry about where I am; you distract him for me," I said.

I heard her sigh. "Fine. But if you don't come out in the next twenty minutes, I'm going to break the door open," she threatened before I heard her footsteps leaving the bathroom.

Once she was gone, I begun thinking about possible ways to keep Dash away from me. I knew his schedule, which meant that I would not see him when he would be in his classes which he didn't share with me. Also, I could try spending more time with Damien, that way Dash would know that I'd moved on. And since Dash hated Damien, he would avoid me as long as I was with Damien.

Satisfied with my decisions, I took a few deep breaths to regain my composure before stepping out of the bathroom stall. Relief settled in my heart when I saw the empty bathroom; I did not want to tell anyone why I was crying, mainly because everybody would know since the news of our break up didn't take long to reach the ears of every single student in Burswick Academy.

After quickly washing my hands, I made my way out of the bathroom and ran straight into Gemma. She smiled when she saw me, her bright, glossy lips catching my attention.

"Hi Gemma," I said.

"Hello Bri, how are you? Where were you, Damien's been looking all over for you?" She asked.

"I was in the bathroom. Did Damien give you a hard time?" I needed to tell Damien to relax a little. We'd just started dating and I did not want a clingy boyfriend.

"Not really? I'm not sure. He is weird, though, your new boyfriend. Dash was much better, but he is not yours now." Her words stung but I couldn't deny that they were true.