Part 33

Part 33

I banged my fist on Gemma's door, desperate for her to open it. She was my only option at stopping Dash from ruining my relationship with Damien. I regretted kissing Dash. No, that was a lie. I had missed being in his arms and his kiss told me what I wanted to know: Dash still missed me, just like how I missed him. However, I was with Damien now; I couldn't betray him by kissing my ex.

"Gemma! Open the door!" I knocked harder, willing her to wake up. If the dorm matron found me I would be in serious trouble. But I couldn't go back to my dorm as yet, I needed to talk to Gemma first. I had to tell her what her boyfriend did.

The door opened after a few minutes with a groggy Gemma standing and rubbing her eyes. "Who is it? Can't you see I'm sleeping?!" She whined.

"Gemma, it' me, Bri," I said, willing her to look at me.

"Who's Bri? I don't know a Bri," she mumbled, yawning.

I rolled my eyes. "Gemma, it's Bri. Remember, I'm friends with Tracey was Dash's girlfriend."

"Yeah yeah, I know who you are. I thought if I failed to recognize you then you will go and let me sleep," she muttered.

"No. I need to talk to you about something." I told her.

"Can't it wait until morning? I need to go back to my handsome prince who was just about to propose," she said.

"You were dreaming?" I enquired.

Gemma rolled her eyes. "Obviously. And what a nice dream it was."

"Gemma, please. I really need to talk to you. It's about Dash," I pleaded. Why couldn't people take me seriously?

Gemma sighed. "Alright, alright. Come on in."

"Thank you." I didn't waste a second in stepping inside her dorm and sitting down on the chair.

"Now tell me what is so important that you couldn't wait until morning," she demanded, closing the door.

"I'll tell you, but you have to promise not to freak out about it. I wanted to be the first to tell you so that you don't have to hear it from a third person," I replied.

"Oh, just get on with it, Bri. I'm really tired," Gemma groaned, flopping down on her bed.

"Okay. I'm just going to say it. Please don't hate me; I didn't mean for any of this to happen," I responded.

"If you don't tell me what happened then I'm throwing you out right now," she threatened.

"Okay, okay! Jeez, you don't have to be so extreme," I muttered. My heart shrieked in fear when Gemma glared at me. "Alright fine. Dash kissed me."

I waited with bated breath for the accusations to start pouring from her lips, but she remained silent. Did she not hear me properly? Or was she processing what I just told her? Would she hate me now? Of course she was going to hate me, I kissed her boyfriend. I was a terrible person.

"Why did he kiss you?" She asked, drowsiness clearing from her eyes.

"Uh, I don't know. He is a player and enjoys doing bad things," I said by way of explanation.

"I see. And what did you do? Did you kiss him back?" A strange gleam entered her eyes and I wondered if she was planning to kill me.

"Uh, why are you asking?" I looked away, suddenly embarrassed.

"Because I want to know. So tell me, did you?" She replied.

My cheeks burned and I was sure Gemma knew my answer before I told her. "I might've."