Part 7

Part 7

The fact that Dash and I had found our first clue made my heart pitter patter with a strange thrill. Maybe this whole investigation thing would not be so bad, it had been fun so far, and Dash took me out to the woods. I had hardly ever ventured in that territory for the fear of getting in trouble. But Dash took me out, and the woods felt great.

"Why are we back here?" I asked Dash as we entered the cafeteria.

"Because you ate my bacon and I'm still hungry. So we are here because I am going to eat," he answered, pulling out a chair for me to sit on.

"Oh my, thank you." I smiled. Only when I was about to sit down, I found my butt meeting the hard floor rather than the soft cushion of the chair. I raised my head to glare at Dash to who was doubling over with laughter; the chair he pulled out for me was behind him. The jerk! I actually thought he was being a gentleman for a change. I could hear the other people laughing at me, and that made heat burn my cheeks.

"You are so stupid. I am suppose to be torturing you not being kind to you." Dash laughed once more.

"You said I will enjoy having you as a boyfriend." I wanted to hit him with something heavy. Perhaps, I'd smack him with a spoon.

"I said that? Oh, what I meant to say was that I will enjoy being your boyfriend, because I can torture you all I want." He grinned at me, and I cursed him for looking so cute.

"You are the worst boyfriend ever. You know what." I stood up, dusting my skirt. "I do not accept you as my boyfriend. I am out of here." Just as I turned to leave, Dash grabbed my arm, halting me in my tracks.

"Oh come on, lighten up. You can't go anywhere without me, so sit down...on the chair I mean." Dash chuckled before giving me a sharp tug and forcing me to sit down on the chair. "Now be a good girl and stay put, while I go and get something to eat." Without waiting for a response, Dash strode away leaving me sulking over this new arrangement.

This had never happened to me. In all my time as Burswick Academy, no guy dared to do what Dash had done in so little time. It was weird how he was not afraid of anything. The teachers at Burswick were respected and feared by all students, but Dash wasn't scared of them. He did whatever his heart desired. And I wasn't sure if it was an admirable quality or not.

I looked around the cafeteria. There were a lot of students sitting and eating, which comforted me for some reason. When I came earlier, there was hardly anybody here, and now there was a considerable crowd.

My eyes continued to survey the students in the cafeteria until my eyes on landed on Damian. I was surprised to see he was already looking at me, so I smiled softly in reponse. Damian was fairly cute with soft, brown hair and hazel eyes. I liked Damian, his eyes always held a spark of youth in them, and he was always so nice to me.

Damian smiled in response before picking up his tray and coming over to where I sat. "Do you mind if I sit with you, Bri?" He asked, ever the gentleman, unlike Dash.

"Of course, sit down. How are you?" I said.

"I'm fine, just a little rattled after Janice's death. I cannot believe somebody was cruel enough to do that," Damien replied, taking a seat beside me.

"Exactly, it's heart breaking. Are your parents here?" I enquired.

"No, I told my parents not to come. I mean, it's not easy taking a flight from Germany to come here," he said. Damian's parents lived in Germany because of their business.

"It is easy, it's just hectic." I chuckled.

Damian rolled his eyes. "You know what I mean, smartass." We both laughed until I felt a tray slam down on the table.