Part 28

Part 28

DASH

Coming back to Burswick without my Bri made me feel sad and angry. How dare she break up with me? Did she not realize that she was mine forever? So what if I hid stuff from her? She should understand that I was doing this for my cousin. Lauren had no one except me, and I had to protect her—it was my job to do so.

As soon as I entered the academy's perimeters, my eyes searched the area for my chocolate chip. She thought I would leave her alone from now on but she couldn't be further from the truth. She was mine. And Lauren was right; once you become mine, you stayed mine. And Bri was extra special to me; more so than any of my past girlfriends, which meant I would fight tooth and nail to make her accept the fact that she was mine.

Disappointment settled in my heart when I did not see her in the grounds. She must be busy studying for exams, I thought as I made my way to the boys' dormitories. I'd have to make a plan with Ben to get Bri back, I didn't like my life without her. Today I would rest and tomorrow I would strategize on the best way to get her back.

I threw open the door of my room and entered. I sighed in relief when I saw Ben lying flat on his back on the bed, playing with a small ball. It was good that he was here, I could immediately tell him what to do.

"Hey man," I greeted, throwing my suitcase on my bed.

"Back at ya." Ben sat up. "How was your trip?"

"Awful," I answered with a grunt before flopping down on my bed. "Bri broke up with me."

"Yeah, Tracey told me that. What exactly happened?" He asked.

I sighed. "She found out that Lauren is my cousin and a I've been protecting her by sabotaging her investigation."

"Damn, that's not good. Is she going to tell the cops?" He enquired.

I shook my head. "No. She said she'll keep our secret if I left her alone."

"And are you going to do it...leave her alone I mean?" The look he was giving me told me he knew what my answer was going to be.

"Of course not. I like her a lot and I don't like this feeling that is currently occupying me. I want her back, right now," I stated.

"You think you just say it and it's going to happen with a snap of your fingers? Dash, you broke her heart, and if you break a girl's heart it's almost impossible to get it back," Ben responded, frustration lining his features.

"Almost impossible. I want her back and I will have her. And you are going to help me with it." I told him.

"What can I do? She is hurt and angry; I won't be surprised if she refuses to see your face," he said.

"You're supposed to be helping me here!" I threw my hands in the air.

"I am helping you, but I just want you to know how serious the situation is," he explained.

"I don't care how serious it is. I want her back and you are going to help me," I stated.

Ben sighed. "Fine. What do you want me to do?"

"When is the Winter Formal?" I questioned.

"After the mid-terms," he responded.

"So that gives us about two weeks to get her back." Determination filled my veins as I pictured my sweet Brielle. She told me to leave her alone. I would show her how she couldn't get rid of me even if she tried.

"That's not a lot of time, Dash; considering how hurt she is." Why did he have to be so pessimistic? Ben clearly did not know me, because if he did, he would know that I didn't stop until I had what I want.