1 - Prologue

Ash POV

It all happened so quickly.

Losing, going home, then... Getting betrayed...

By my own friends...

What did I even do? Just cause I lost, you've already given up on me? What if you were me and I was you? How would you feel? How would you feel to be betrayed by your friends whom you trusted for so long? How?

It doesn't matter though, they were right anyways.. I really was weak and pathetic... I've been training for so long yet not even once have I won a League.. Where has all those training went?
Suddenly I saw a flashback, a flashback I thought I'd never see ever again.

Smoke was all you could see at this point, it covered the entire battlefield.

I shook my head to try to not remember it, but it kept on going, no matter what I do.

Silence. Everyone was waiting what would happens next, and it felt like it had been 5 minutes.

Suddenly the smoke was starting to disappear and everyone was dying to see who'd win.

Mega-Charizard X and Ash-Greninja were both standing, not moving an inch.

Suddenly Ash-Greninja collapsed, turning back into its normal form.

I felt tremendous pain struck my body as I fell down to my knees, breathing heavily.

Soon Mega-Charizard X collapsed as well, reverting back into its normal form as Alain recalled him back into his pokeball and I did the same with Greninja.

Alain went over to me with a worried expression on his face, "Ash, are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." I said as I slowly stood up but was stopped as another pain hit me. "Ash!" shouted Alain.

"I'm fine. Oh, and, congratulations." I said with a smile.

He smiled back, "Thanks."

After the Kalos League, I was looking for Clemont, Bonnie and Serena but they were no where to be found. I got worried so I called them only to find out that they were at Kanto. Ok, how and when did they got there?!

Oh well.

When I got home, I found out that everyone - and I mean everyone who u travelled with - was there. Serena walked over to me.

I placed my hands on my head and screamed, earning a worried-looking Pikachu. No matter what I do, it still keeps on going.

"Why are you all here?"

"To tell you to give up on your dream!" Serena shouted.

I froze. I didn't expect that to be her answer. More importantly, I didn't expect her to say that.

" I mean, come on, you've been traveling for, how long, 10 years? Yet you've never won a League once!" Misty spoke up.

"Yeah, you should just give up, Ash." Clemont added.

"Yeah." May agreed.

At this point, everyone - including my mom - was betraying me.

Without thinking, I opened the door and ran into the forest. I ran and ran. Into nowhere.

I placed my arms on my face and stood up, and started running.

"Pika pi!" I heard my Pokemon shout, but I ignored him, I kept on running, running and running. Into nowhere. Just like that day.

As I was running, I could hear the faint shout of Pikachu from behind. I could tell he was worried amd he was running after me, but I kept on going. Where am I even headed to?

My thoughts were soon interrupted as the ground beneath me suddenly broke, I didn't even realize that I was on a cliff when I was running. My eyes widened in fear as I was falling. I could hear a faint shout from somewhere. I knew immediately whose voice that was. Pikachu.

Pikachu... He'll be worried for sure.... Pikachu... Everyone... I'm sorry... Please... Find another trainer.. A much better one than me..

Pain rushed through my body as I hit the hard, cold ground. Blood was everywhere where I was lying. My vision was staring to get blurry and at the top of the cliff, I could barely see a worried looking Pikachu, he looked like he was saying something as his mouth was opened, but I couldn't hear it. Not like his shouts weren't loud enough, but I really couldn't hear anything.

I smiled weakly back at him right before darkness consumed me.