10 - Comfort

Serena POV

I ran into my room, tears streaming down face.
The sounds of Pokemon echoed in my ear as I ran quickly, not wanting anyone to see me in this state.

"You stupid girl!" I said to myself. "Why would you ever think Ash loves you?! You were the one who caused him to lost his memories anyways, so why would you ever think he'd love you?!"

I reached my room and once I was inside, I instantly closed the door shut. I inhaled and exhaled, attempting to calm myself down. I was losing my mind at this point.

I slowly walked over to my bed and lay down as I closed my eyes, trying to process what had just happened.

But as I try to calm down, the memories from ealrier keep on coming back to me. The tears started falling down again, this time uncontrollaby. I placed my right hand on my eyes and cried nonstop.

"He'll never love you. Just give it up," I heard a cold and stern voice from my mind. Before I could do or say anything, however, I heard another voice. This time though, the voice was calm and soothing. "Yes. Yes, he loves you. Don't give up.

I slowly removed my hand from my eyes and the tears stopped falling down as my eyes widened. But before I could say anything, once again, the stern voice echoed in my ear. "Don't listen to her! He doesn't love you! He never will!"

Confusion and depression was how I felt at this moment.

"Why would you ever think that the boy whom you hurt, both physically and mentally, love you? You are just a stupid, worthless traitor.'

"You weren't the one who actually hurt him! He doesn't even blame you!"

"He might not show it outside, but deep inside he definetely loathe you!"

At this point, I don't know whether I should cry, shout, or smile.

"He loves you!"

"He does not!"

"STOP!" I shouted to no one in particular as I placed my hands on my head, desperate to stop this torturing voices in my head. Once it was gone, I cried helplessly again as I curled up into a ball.

However, the tears stopped falling down again and I uncurled myself as I sat up slowly when I heard the door open. I turned around and saw a certain lemon-blonde boy standing on the doorway, a worried face planted on his face as he whispered my name in pure worry.

"Serena..."

Clemont POV

I was walking through the hallway on my way to my room when suddenly I heard cries. Cries that sounded very familiar. I walked quicker and the weeping grew louder. I stood in front of the closed door, accurate that the weeping was coming from inside. All of a sudden, a voice shouted from inside and I jumped. Suddenly, the voice started crying again and I slowly opened the door, shocked once I saw the person crying inside but my shocked face instantly changed to concerned.

I looked at her. Her once amazing honey blonde hair was now all over her face and it was all curled up. Her make up was all over face and there were a bit of dry tears planted on them. Her eyes was once an amazing shade of blue, but was now dull and they were filled with depression and pain. I looked at her once again before softly speaking,

"Serena..."

"W-what are y-you doing h-here?" She said, wiping the tears that were left in her eyes.

"What happened?" I gently asked her.

Looking into her eyes, I could easily tell that the sadness was taking over her again. She finally answered, "It's just... it's stupid, you know?" Tears were building up in her eyes. "It's so stupid of me to think that Ash would love me."

I kept quiet and kept on listening, taking a seat next to her.

"Earlier, I saw Ash and Misty talking happily together. And... I just suddenly got jealous. Jealous because I knew he'd never love me. Because I knew he loves her more tham me," she paused for a second, then continued afterwards. "I mean, look at Misty. She's beautiful, kind, sweet. And then there's Serena. A worthless, useless, traitor. Why did I even thought he loved me if I was the one who caused his amnesia anyway? I'm so stupid, aren't I?" She laughed weakly as she finished while I just watched her, completely shocked.

Serena POV

"I mean, they were just talking, and that can't possibly mean anything while look at me, I already grew jealous. I'm so stupid," I laughed weakly again. "Why do I always tend to get jealous all the time? Like, what the heck? What is wrong-"

"STOP!"

My eyes widened as I looked at Clemont who looked like he was on the verge of crying.

Suddenly, like a switch being turned on inside my mind made me realize what I have just done. Tears formed on my eyes as I stared at him, wide-eyed and shocked. Tears fell down my eyes as I suddenly buried my face on Clemont's chest, drying my eyes out.

"Shh... it's ok.." he soothed, running his hand gently on my back. "I-i-.. I'm s-s-sorry.." I managed to say between sobs.

"It's ok. It's ok,"

I cried harder and harder, not stopping one second.

After a few minutes which felt like hours, my eyes were completely dried out and I slowly lifted up my face from his chest. An awkward silence fell upon us, before I broke it and quietly but softly whispered,

"I'm sorry." I looked down.

He smiled at me softly and silently responded,

"It's all right."