6 - Under The Moonlight

Ash POV

The moon covered the dark night, making it get replaced by light. Stars filled the night sky, twinkling every second. The cool breeze coming from outside came inside, the curtains rising up as the cold air went through it.

I stared at the beautiful scene in front of me, whilst sitting on the balcony. I sighed, trying desperately to remember my past, but I just can't, no matter how much I try.

Another star twinkle again, as I looked at it slowly. Then looked back down as it stopped.

I've been trying to sleep for the past 3 hours now, but I just can't seem to stop thinking about Serena.

She seems very familiar, and her voice, I have definitely heard it somewhere before. It was so calm and soothing.

Serena POV

I turned around for what seemed like the millionth time now. I sighed, looking up at the white ceiling.

What ever I do, I just can't sleep, I've been turning for like an hour now, but I just can't stop thinking about Ash.

I just can't stop thinking that this was all of my fault.

Why did I even suggested to betray him a anyways?

What was the reason?

Because he didn't won?

Why? Has he never given up on me when I didn't won a showcase. And he also didn't give up on me when I lost to Aria.

So why am I giving up on him?

I sighed again, turning to my right side.

"Why? Why did it have to be you? Why did it have to be amnesia?"

"I wonder.. If we never betrayed you, what would you be doing now? Probably on another Region, happily catching Pokemons. But no, that isn't what's happening, you're not having fun. You're not catching more Pokemons. Instead you're here.. Suffering from amnesia.. And it's all because of me.."

"Hey Serena, you ok?"

I turned around and saw Clemont standing on the doorway, a worried expression written on his face.

I sat up instantly, "No."

"Why? What's wrong?" He walked up and sat on the bed with me.

"It's just.." I trailed off, placing my eyes on the curtains, as it rose up from the cool breeze outside. "This is all my fault.." I looked back at him.

"Why? What have you done?" He asked curiously, looking at me in the eye.

"It's my fault that Ash has amnesia right now.." I quietly said, trying my hardest not to cry.

"Serena.." He placed his hand on my shoulder in an attempt to comfort me.

I touched his hand and pulled it away, looking back at the night sky, "I know what you're going to say."

"Sorry Serena.. I'll get going now." He slowly got out of the bed and into the doorway, opening it and stepping outside, he turned around one more time and smiled warmly at me, before closing the door carefully not wanting to make any noise.

A few minutes after he left, I went out of the room as well, and into Ash's. I opened the door carefully, not wanting to wake him up. As I opened the door, I didn't saw Ash on the bed which made me panic a little but calmed down as I saw the door to the balcony was opened. I went over slowly and greeted trying not to scare him.

"Hey Ash."

Ash POV

"Hey Ash."

I turned around instantly and saw Serena leaning on the doorway.

"Hey Serena. Why are you up so late?" I asked, turning around and looking up into the night sky once again.

She slowly went over to me and sat down, "Can't sleep. How about you?"

"Same." I said emotionless.

There was a 5 minute silence between us before Serena spoke, "The night sky is so pretty, isn't it?" She whispered, her short honey-blonde hair swaying as the cool breeze went through her.

"Yeah.." I trailed off as I saw another star twinkle.

There was another 5 minute silence between us. All you could hear was the Pokemons and the trees swaying as the air went through them.

"Hey.. Serena.." I started, looking at her cerulean blue eyes.

"Yeah?" She looked at me in the eye.

"How did we exactly meet?" I asked, still locking my gave on her calming eyes.

She broke the eye contact and looked back up at the night sky, her hair swaying once again as the cold air went through her. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes before speaking,

"It all started back on the Kanto Region.."