Chapter 16: Rest In Peace, Rest Day

Because I love you guys and I'm sorry.

"How you feeling?"Jack asked Anna as he handed her a mug of hot chocolate. The poor girl was huddled under a blanket on the couch.

"Peachy, but okay."She sipped a bit of the delicious drink. Some of the whipped cream formed a faded, white mustache above her lips.

Jack quietly laughed, "Good."

It was awkward to say the least. The two just sat in silence. Everyone elsa was asleep on the floor with blankets and pillows and he and Anna were the only ones awake. Anna wanted everyone to be in the same room, she couldn't stand it. So, they grabbed blankets, pillows, some snacks and all settled to watch a movie. Jack tried his best to sleep on the other side, away from Elsa. Merida was no longer present, she told Jack that she was in her room.

"You know, "Anna broke the silence, "you don't have to pretend like nothing happened. You could ask questions."

Jack let out a sigh of relief and began to bombard her, "Where were you?"

"I don't know. It was a white room with a bed and a few objects."

"How did you eat?"

"A lady gave me plates of food through a dog flap."

Jack's eyes widened, "Did you see her face?"

"No."Anna shook her head.

"Then how did you know that It was a girl?"

"Her hand was feminine. It was small and she had thin fingers."

"Maybe it was a man trying to disguise his hand."Jack suggested

"I don't know."She shrugged

"How did you escape?"

"I took a nap, then woke up to a note, a key, and my uniform on the floor near the door."

"What did the note say?"Jack asked, excitedly

"Wait for a minute."Anna muttered, fishing something out of her pajama pocket. She pulled out a small, crumpled, yellow post-it.

The messy, rushed handwriting read, "Leave your clothes on the bed and the key outside the door if you want me to live."

"Why did you leave the key?"Jack asked in disbelief, "We could've tracked the door if we had the key!"

"Did you not read the last part? Whoever this person was wanted to save me but also wanted to save themselves! When I went out of that horrible room, I found myself in an old office building near the outskirts of town, near the medical office thingy that Rapunzel told me that you went to."

"Was that their secret hideout?"

"I explored the place and I couldn't find anything or any trace of anyone."Anna sighed as she took one last sip of her chocolate milk. She handed the mug back to Jack and he placed it on the table.

"Are you sure you checked everywhere?"

"Yes. I might have it on my suit camera."

"Are you sure that it is your suit?"He asks, "Maybe they made a copy."

"No."She shook her head, "There was a green seam on the inside of my suit."

Jack raised an eyebrow.

"My suits used to be mixed up with the Elsa's a lot when we were starting out that we always sowed in a little seam at the edge of our suits' pants. Mine was green and Elsa's were light blue. Even though we do our own laundry now, we still do it when we get new suits. It's like tradition. Only Elsa and I know about it."