Chapter 26: End of the Beginning

I was always crazy. It's a miracle Walt never figured it out. I am crazy and it's his fault—the entire agency's fault. I thought having a separate agency and coming out of his shadows would help, but after years of burying myself in my work, I was unable to control this urge inside me. It was like a ticking that would never stop until I get the fuck up and do something about it. And this all started because of Walt and that blasted woman!

1992, our mother died and three years later in 1995, our father died. Walt and I were orphaned with a huge inheritance. After the death of our parents, Walt began stoic and took over the agency and renamed it the Disney Pixar Agency. The agency was previously mainly for investigation, but Walt felt it necessary for them to be able to learn combat, technology, and medicine. I know that Walt did this in a way to avenge our parents, but I knew that he was always interested in these things. Since we were kids, he would indulge himself in crime and horror documentaries, books about the Zodiac, or the most dangerous serial killers.

We aren't psychopaths, per se, but we are definitely insane. Insanity runs in our family, some have it more than others. It's pretty obvious that most of it came to me. 

Back to history, Walt used a fourth of our shared inheritance to buy a bigger agency. It took a while, but in 1996, the agency was finally complete.

1996 is also an important year. It was when the very first general team was created. James, Eudora, Arianna, Fa Zhou, and Agnarr were close friends to Walt and me and were frankly the best agents in the new agency.

That year was also the first time we were invited to Lady Tremaine's love ball. Now here is where it gets complicated; however, that day is never hazy.

The lights were bright as numerous guests in their suits and dresses lined up, waiting for their time to be paired up with another guest of equal attractiveness. As I stood in line, my legs were noodles and my stomach was a garden of butterflies. I had my eye on one woman, the most beautiful here. I hoped that in Lady Tremaine's mind, I was as handsome as she was beautiful. Of course, I knew it wasn't true, and being paired up with her was as likely as finding the end of a rainbow.

She noticed me staring and flashed a smile. It was simply the most beautiful smile I have ever seen in my entire life. It was brighter than the stars and more gentle than my mother's singing. As it was her turn to reach the front of her line, I held my breath. I closed my eyes and waited for someone to tap my shoulder, but when minutes passed and I felt nothing, I opened them. There she was, smiles and love-sick looks, dancing with another man. I, paired with Belle, a celebrity, danced as close as I could to the pair in hopes of us exchanging partners. I longed to hold her and move in harmony with her. I should have known that it would never come true and saved myself from the pain, but I fell too deep in her spell.

Belle loved the idea of them being together, onto the point where she set them up multiple times. Before I knew it, they were married. My heart broke. I constantly assured myself that I still had a chance since their relationship has not yet been consecrated by marriage. When they married, I lost all hope. With Walt as Agnarr's best man and Belle as Iduna's maid of honor, the two kissed and I felt my heart pound in anger. I was furious at both Walt and Belle, them both knowing I loved her, still encouraged the couple to grow closer.

In 1997, she gave birth to his child. She was a beautiful child, indeed. I just wish that she was mine, but now that she is grown, I have more plans for her and her friends. If she can't be my daughter, she can't live at all. That's what happened to her mother. If she wouldn't be my wife, she wouldn't live at all.

1999, she had another daughter, and months later, they had a mission. They were on their boat, built to be indestructible. They were on a journey to fight an enemy, if only they knew that I was who they were up against. Agnarr was soon to face his death and I would finally have Iduna all to myself. They tried to fight back my army of planes with the measly boat that I, myself created. Thinking quickly, I arrived in a helicopter, posing as rescue. I proceeded to save Fa Zhou, Eudora, and Ariana.

The air was filled with the smell of gas and blood. I remember the blood-curling scream that escaped out of poor James's mouth as he was shot eight times in the chest by one of my planes. I would've cried, but I felt nothing. All I felt was the softness of Iduna's shirt as I grabbed and dragged her to the helicopter's ladder, where Walt stood, ready to receive his friend. As I pulled her, I pressed a button on my lapel and all the planes flashed their guns at Agnarr. I concealed a smile, but before I could cover Iduna's eyes to shield her from the gory and bloody sight that was to come, she leaped out of my arms. I yelled for her to come back, but she persisted and before I could stop the planes, she jumped in front of Agnarr. I tried to chase after her, but Walt pulled at my collar and yelled a few words that sounded like clouds. I couldn't hear anything but the sound of my own screams, yelling for Iduna to come back. Tears, for the first time in years, ran down my face and I felt a shock as my hands immediately grabbed the helicopter's ladders as it ascended, to keep us safe. I wanted to jump, but Walt wouldn't let me. Arianna began to control the helicopter's guns and shot at my indestructible planes. Feeling numb and seeing no point, I pressed a separate button hidden under my lapel and the planes exploded, falling into the ocean where my beautiful Idun rested, forgotten by the world except for me. I remember her. No one remembered her as much as I did.

I never felt guilt. I buried myself in work. I recalled Walt asking me to track Iduna's and Agnarr's bodies. I refused to. He tried to convince me, but I replied by locking myself in my room for a week. I didn't cry. I plotted. My revenge was to commence. Once I found out Elsa and Anna were to be raised in the agency, I planned to kill them. However, they were children and wouldn't have been able to understand, so I waited. Now that they are adults, they'll feel even more pain and have that feeling of helplessness and knowing that all they worked and lived for would be gone—just how I felt. I've always wanted to be separated from Walt and with half of my remaining share of my inheritance, the Dreamworks Department of Criminal Investigation was born.

The more I invested in my own agency, I realized that plotting the death of two children who had nothing to do with my suffering was immoral. I dedicated myself to my work and in time, eventually forgot about Iduna and my plan of revenge. I kept the bandages on my heart and this gentleman of a mask up for eighteen years. I thought everything was good and it was all going to be alright. I was wrong. Everything changed when I, for the first time, met face to face with the offsprings of my love and that malicious monster. I collapsed in my quarters and something just snapped. Like the demons inside me were finally set free.