Chapter 18

A/N

Since most of you shipped Luraline, this chapter is for you guys. The rest of you who ship Caroson will get more Caroson action in the other chapters.

Again, this chapter is NOT edited. Enjoy.

Chapter 18

I turn off the shower tap and push my hair away from my eyes. I grab my towel and wrap it around my dripping body as I step out of the shower. Wiping the water vapor from my mirror, I stare at my drenched hair, tired grey eyes, and naturally tanned face.

I managed to keep everyone, especially Luke, from asking me questions about what happened in the Williams household last night. Cayson kept calling me all night, but I just couldn't muster up the strength to talk to him. Thank goodness Sabrina is coming to stay over tonight. I need to talk this out with her.

I look down at the pristine sink, but my eyes pull themselves up to the mirror. Only, I don't see my reflection. I see Elizabeth Mary.

Her shirt is covered in dirt instead of blood this time. Her hair, like mine, is soaking wet, but I know from experience that it's drenched in sweat, not water. Tears are streaming down her cheeks, as usual.

I don't feel scared anymore. I feel annoyed.

"I thought you only disturb me at night!" I groan. Now, I have to deal with her. This stupid, emotional ghost.

"You found out how I died," Her brown eyes bore into mine, "Now you have to find out who killed me."

I stare at her and cock my head to the side. Something is off. She looks slightly different. Then, I notice it. Her eyes are a shade lighter and her cheekbones are higher. I've never been close enough to her to notice this.

"How am I supposed to do that?" I ask in exasperation. I throw my hands out for emphasise and my towel slips down a little. I blush and pull it back up, using my hands to hold it in place. I don't want Elizabeth Mary to see me naked. That would be disturbing. "Are you even Elizabeth Mary? There seems to be some slight changes in your features."

"My ex husband has some information," Her voice is scratchy. Like she has a sore throat. Of course, all that time screaming and crying at me is bound to have some effect on her. Wait. How do ghosts even get sort throats.

"You have to ask him quickly," She warns, "Before it's too late. He's planning to do something, and it's not good."

"You're ignoring my question." I repeat, "Are you really Elizabeth Mary?"

"Yes! I am!" She starts sobbing again. Great.

"So you are not her dead sister?" I press further.

"No!"

"Okay," I shrug, "I'll ask Luke's dad about whatever it is he knows."

"Don't bring Luke," She warns. "He would be heartbroken if he knew."

She disappears. Just like that. Stupid, annoying, good for nothing, ghost.

I exit my bathroom with only my towel wrapped around me. Just as I'm about to drop the towel, I hear movement behind me.

"Eventhough I would really like to see you naked, you should know that I'm here."

I hold on to the towel and shut my eyes, calming down my racing heart, then turn to look at my bed, where Luke is lying down.

"What are you doing here?"

He stands up and shoves his hands in his pockets. Shrugging, he says, "I came to apologize."