Chapter 24

A/N

This is the last chapter btw

Chapter 24

I make my way downstairs and peek into the kitchen. Elizabeth Mary is inside, washing the plates. Sabrina is upstairs in my room. Since she came up with the plan, I don't have a choice but to be the one who puts it in action. My phone bumps against my thigh in my jeans pocket. Sabrina is on the phone in order to listen in when I confront Elizabeth Mary. I made sure that she records this conversation.

I step into the kitchen, grimacing. I really don't want to talk to her, but I know I have to in order to live with a clear mind.

"Hey," I finally say after standing at the doorway awkwardly for the past few minutes.

She turns off the tap and wipes her hand on a towel before turning to smile at me. "Hello, Caroline."

I clench my hands to keep them from shaking. "I know who you are."

Her smile falters a little as she replies, "What do you mean?"

"My dad and your nephew are upstairs sleeping, so they can't hear anything. I know who you are," I remember the name on the grave,  " Janice Mary. "

Her smile drops immediately and a glare replaces it. "How did you find out about me?" She asks in a deadly quiet voice.

"Your sister, the person you're pretending to be, helped me with it." I take a step forward, no longer afraid of her.

"You're lying to me," She accuses. "My sister is dead."

"You actually think that I found out who you are and still assumed that the real Elizabeth Mary is alive?" I scoff. "I know that she's dead. Her ghost came to me."

"Ghosts don't exist, " She reasons.

"But they do." I walk until there is nothing but the kitchen counter separating us. "And I also know that you were the one who killed your sister. I want to know why."

"What makes you think that I will tell you?" She crosses her arms over her chest.

"If you don't, " I threaten, "I'll tell my dad and Luke."

"You wouldn't dare," She hisses, "They wouldn't believe you, anyway."

I shrug. "Maybe not, but I have prove." I really don't, but saying that might get her to spill.

She looks worried for awhile. "What kind of prove?"

"I would be stupid to tell you, wouldn't I?"

Janice Mary keeps the glare on her face as she searches for any signs of weaknesses in my face. She sighs heavily when she finds none. "Promise me you won't tell anyone."

"I promise." That's one promise broken since Sabrina is listening in to this conversation.

"My sister was always the pretty one," She says bitterly. "I took an interest to your dad when I first saw him at the hospital and told my sister about it. She decided that she wanted him too, and it was no surprise that he chose her over me. Your father was stolen away from me; and as my sister grew to love him, so did I."

My mouth drops open. This was not what I expected. The woman before me really is a psychopath. I nearly snigger. Two sisters were fighting over my dad? Wow.

"I killed my sister when I was overcomed with jealously, " She finishes. "I forged my own death, placed her body as replacement for mine, and altered my hair to look like hers.

I just stare at her.

I notice her pick up something shiny and gleaming. A knife. It dawns on me as I back away from the counter. She isn't going to let me go with that information.

"But how could my dad and Luke not notice, " I ask, casting a nervous glance at the doorway. If I run fast enough, I might be able to make it out of here.

She moves over to shut and lock the kitchen door without answering my question. Shit. How do I ask Sabrina for help without hurting her in the way?

"You tell me," She says, advancing towards me. "I know what you've been doing with my son."

My heart stops. No. She can't know. I back away from her until I feel my back hit a solid wall.

I kick her at her stomach and she doubles over in pain. I try to move around her but she slashes at me with the knife and cuts my calf. I fall and look at the blood flowing out from it as pain shoots from the area. Janice gets to her feet and kicks me at my side. The blow forces the air out of me and I lay with my cheek against the floor, panthing.

I only have one misson: Get out of this room and away from the psyco in it.

Confronting her was a terrible idea. I try to push myself up, but am forced back down when a blinding pain erupts from the side she just kicked. I turn just in time to see her remove her knife from the area. The knife is already covered in blood. I roll over as she tries to stab me again.

Kicking as hard as I can at her shin with my uninjured foot, I watch as Janice falls, still gripping the knife. I try to pull myself up quickly, crying out at the pain it causes me. Sabrina can hear me.

"GET HELP!" I shout as tears travel down my cheek from the pain. I limp towards the door, pressing my fingers to my side,  making them wet and sticky. Just a few more steps and I'll be free.

Janice grabs my ankle and yanks me down. I land on my side,  making me cry out even more. My uninjured leg kicks her in her face and I feel truimp spread through me when I hear a sickening crack. I broke her nose. She cries out and stabs me again, this time at my thigh.

I scream. My hand flies to the wound immediately and I shout in pain as I bend over and more blood spurts from my side. Janice gets up and kicks me at the side of my head. Black dots cover my vision and a pounding ache goes through my head. She bends down, smiling eerily at me. Blood is trailing out from her broken nose. The knife lands on my chest, right over my heart. She's going to kill me. She's going to kill me.

The reality of the situation hits me and I start to sob. I'm going to experience dying for the second time in my life; only, this time it will be real. I want to be back in Mary Elizabeth's nightmare. Being buried alive was nothing compared to the amount of pain I'm in now.

Janice kicks me at my injured side and all I can do is groan. I'm sobbing too much already. My throat is starting to hurt,  not like it matters because I'm going to die already and I'm never going to feel anything again.

I'll never get to kiss Luke again, I'll never get to see him again, never be able to hold him. Of all the times to die, why when we're fighting?

"Any last words?" Her crazed eyes bore into mine.

"Yes," I mutter, not able to muster up enough energy to even speak properly. "Tell Luke, that love him."

I know that I don't love him back yet,  and that those words will never get to him; but I know that if I live long enough, I would be able to love him, and saying those words without him hearing them, is better than not at all.

The knife sinks into my chest with a blinding pain and I hear the kitchen door creak open. Then, I spiral into the darkness.

The End

A/N

THIS IS THE END

Cliche ending? Too not cliche? I don't know.

Don't forget to vote and comment and stay tuned for the epilogue.