Epilogue

A/N

All of me by John Legend on the side. Please play it. It goes really well with the chapter. Dedicated to bored_just_like_that  for being such an amazing friend and for ALWAYS reading my half-finished books. I FINISHED THIS ONE SO BE PROUD OF ME.

Epilogue

13 years later...

I watch as Luke sits behind a glass wall with Janice Mary on the other side. He looks as handsome as ever with a shadow of a beard covering his jawline. Janice, on the other hand, looks terrible with stringy hair and a sickly pale body. Luke leans in to the microphone and speaks.

"Aunt Janice."

The night I died, Janice Mary got sent to jail, thanks to the recoding Sabrina had, and my dad filled for a divorce for the second time in his life. Luke lived with my dad and grew to love him the way he could never love his real father. He still visits Janice every month.

"Luke," She says, her voice sore. "Thanks for coming to visit me."

He rolls his eyes. "I only come to be reminded of Caroline and how much I miss her."

I smile a little. My heart would skip a beat if it were still beating.

She frowns and looks down at her lap. "Again, for the millionth time, I'm sorry about what happened to Caroline."

"You killed her," He snaps. "You don't have the right to be sorry. Not to mention my mother."

Janice eyes stay on her lap, embarrassed.

Luke stands up and nods. "I hope you're happy with the way things ended up." He walks straight through me without seeing me.

I follow Luke as he walks back to his flat. He bumps into someone on the way back.

"Sabrina, " He smiles.

"Luke, " She takes a step back. "Hi."

I've also kept track of Sabrina. She got married to Cayson, and I was laughing as I stood beside her on the altar. I made sure that only she could see me. After all, I promised her that I would be her bridesmaid when she gets married, ghost or not.

"How's Cayson?" He asks, shoving his hands in his pockets.

"Amazing," She winks, "Especially at night when the sexual tension gets the best of both of us."

Luke and I laugh together.

"Anyway, " Her tone turns serious. "How are you dealing with...you know...Caroline?"

He shrugs. "I still miss her, alot."

I smile at him, overcomed with the urge to hug him; but even if I do, he won't feel anything, and neither will I.

"You?"

Sabrina shrugs too. "She comes to me once in a while and we have our fangirling talks but..." She trails off, her eyes glassy. "I still want to hug her, and hang out with her for more than just ten minutes, and to be able to call her and scream whenever something even remotely interesting happens."