{1} Home Sweet Home

3rd Person POV

Angelina's Outfit:

On a Thursday afternoon, the Carver's were on their way to their new house

On a Thursday afternoon, the Carver's were on their way to their new house. Driving in their minivan, with their luggage's packed in the trunk and the three kids in the second row. They just past the 'Welcome' sign.

Angelina was wearing her headphones listening to her Spotify Playlist. She looks out the window looking up at the crystal blue sky admiring the clouds in different shapes.

"Angelina, did you remember what I told you before?" Mary, her mother asked reading her pregnancy book, since she was 4 months pregnant. She looks up at the rear-view mirror, "Angelina."

Ian, Angelina's older brother, nudges her shoulder and said, "Angelina."

"What, dumbass?" Angelina said looking at him removing her headphones

James, her father, said to her, "Angelina, language."

"Pardon my sassy mouth." Angelina said sarcastically wrapping the headphones around her neck

Mary asked her, "Angelina, you remember what I told you, right?"

"You told me a lot of things. You need to be a little more specific." Angelina said going through her backpack

Mary said, "About what I said when you got inside the car."

"Oh, yeah, I remember. You said, 'Angelina, why are you wearing that shirt today?' " Angelina said giving her best impression of her mother

"Not that, the other thing." Mary reminded her. Angelina got out her camera and said, "Yeah, umm, you said, 'Don't pout you'll get wrinkles'."

"That's right." James said then Mary looks at him and James said, "What? That is right."

Mary chuckles and smiles at herself and said, "Good."

"Angelina, I know you're upset about leaving New York but, look at the brighter side, okay? New York is not going anywhere." James said to her

Angelina sighed and said, "Yeah." She looked back at her camera looking at the pictures she took from New York.

"Those are really good, Angie." Ian said looking at her camera. Angelina looks up at him and said, "I hate it when you call me Angie. You know how much I hate it."

"I know, that's why I'm going to keep on doing it." Ian said and Angelina rolls her eyes with frustration, looking back at her pictures

Ian looks over at his little brother, Troy on his left who was sleeping. Ian's phone vibrated and he looks at his message from his friend talking about a party.

James made a turn and Angelina looks back at the window looking at the Suburban houses. She sighed to herself removing the plug from her phone that was connected to her headphones. She removes the headphones wrapped around her neck and places it in the backpack along with her phone.

Closing the bag, James called out, "We're here."

Ian wakes up his little brother who was laying his head on the neck pillow. Angelina grabs her backpack putting it around her shoulders. The family got out of the van and James opened the back door getting their luggage.

Angelina looks at their house and takes a picture. She looks at her camera and saw how the picture came out. She smiled at herself and Ian called out, "Care to help, princess?"

"No, I'm good." Angelina said back. James called out, "Angelina."

"I was joking, jeez." Angelina said to them putting her camera in her bag. She walks over to them getting her luggage along with her mother's.

Her mother walks up the stairs slowly with James holding her hand carefully. Troy rubs his eyes and gets his duffle bag and his school backpack. Ian carries the other luggages and looked over at Angelina.

"Look, Angelina, it's not like you could just hop on a plane and go back to New York, you know that right?" Ian said to her

Angelina replied, "I'm 18, Ian, I'm not a child anymore. And you're 19, I thought you would understand where I'm coming from."

"I do, trust me. It's just, there are some things that you have to let go of." Ian pointed out

Angelina gets her stuff out of the trunk, and said, "How do I let go of a place I called home?"

She walks in front of the house and said sarcastically, "Home sweet home."

Getting outside, the house, she walks up the steps. Looking around, she steps into one of the rooms. She puts her luggage on the ground and her backpack on the bed. James knocks on her door and said, "Hey, looks like you've been settled."

"Yeah, it's alright." Angelina said looking around her room. "It'll be okay, for now, I guess. You know, before I graduate."

"Angelina, everything is going to be okay." James said. "I promise."

Angelina looks over at him and gave him a small smile, "I hope so."

"Okay, so, the moving truck is coming in a couple of hours. If not, it'll be early in the morning, okay?" James said and Angelina nodded in reply

James told her, "Get changed, you three have to do the tradition, remember?"

"Yeah, I remember. We do it every time we move into a new neighborhood." Angelina said unzipping her luggage criss crossing her legs

"Okay, I'll see you soon, all right?" James said to her and Angelina said, "Of course, Dad. It's not like I'm going anywhere anytime soon."