{6} Late Night Walk

3rd Person POV

She started to feel a phone vibrate coming from Dave. "Dave, your balls are vibrating."

They quickly let go and Dave checks his phone and said, "Uh..huh."

"Dave? What is it?" Angelina asked and Dave looked at her, "Oh, it's just the cops are here."

The door opened revealing topless girls in their bikini's running outside along with other people. "Get out of here! Get out! Cops!"

Angelina looks at her phone, it was a message from her brother. Ian ran out the gate where Dave and Angelina were.

"Angelina! Hey, there you are. I was looking everywhere for you." Ian told her. She pointed at Dave and said, "I was with Dave."

Ian looks at Dave and waved. Looking back at Angelina, he said, "They're taking everybody's name, they're handcuffing people. It's every man for himself. Let's go. Come on."

Ian started running leaving Dave and Angelina looking at each other. "What's wrong with you, assholes? Let's go!" Ian called out as he turned around

Angelina and Dave look at each other then started running out of the house. "Ian!" Angelina called out and looked around realizing that he's gone. "Oh my god. What should we do?"

"Uh." Dave started to say as Angelina was still looking around for her brother. Dave looks at the car that drove past him with Jane in the car with someone else.

Angelina looks over at Dave who was staring at the car that was already at the end of the street. Dave turns his head looking over at Angelina who gave him a small smile.

She walks up to him and asked, "Wanna walk home together?"

"Yes." Dave replied as he chuckled looking down at her. "Come on."

They started walking on the sidewalk next to the road. Angelina texted her brother letting him know that everything is okay and that she's with Dave.

She asked, "Dave, do you have any plans after high school?"

"Yeah, um, I want to go to Colombia, hopefully." Dave told her moving to the side near the road.

Her eyebrows furrowed, "What are you doing?"

"What are you talking about?" Dave asked and Angelina replied, "You just moved so that you could be on the side of the road, instead of me."

"Yeah, I don't want you to get hurt." Dave said and Angelina responded, "Well, I don't want you to get hurt either."

They both laugh looking at each other. Angelina asked, "So, Columbia, what do you want to do?"

"I wanna teach. I wanna live in New York and teach." Dave told her

Angelina smiled and said, "That's great. New York. God, I love New York. It's amazing, you'll love it."

"Mr. Hodgman. Profesor Hodgman. It has a good ring to it." Angelina commented making him chuckle

Dave continued, "Um, Elementary school to start. Somewhere where there's a real need, you know? Uh, then probably developmental psychology."

"Wow, you have everything already planned out." Angelina said to him

"Yeah. So do you." Dave told her. Angelina shakes her head and said, "A little."

Dave asked, "Any idea what college you wanna go to?"

"Juilliard. I've always wanted to go there. Major in performing arts. Make my way to Broadway. I also want to open my own art gallery, for my photography." Angelina said to him

"Art gallery?" Dave asked and Angelina nods her head, "Yeah, I loved going to them. And I think I have what it takes to be like that. You know? An artist."

Dave chuckled, "Are you happy?"

"Happy?" Angelina asked and Dave replied, "Yeah, do you think of yourself as a reasonably happy person? Content or what have you?"

"No, I wouldn't say content. I can't wait to be on my own, you know? Like I'm so ready to be independent. And explore." Angelina told him

"You still need to finish high school first." Dave pointed out

Angelina said to him, "I'm aware of that. Dick."

Dave chuckled and Angelina asked, "What about you?"

"What about me?" Dave asked and Angelina asked, "Would you consider yourself a happy person? Because I'll slap you if you are."

"Well, I am right now, which is surprising." Dave told her as she stopped walking. Dave stood in front of her as she questioned, "Dave? Is there something you wanna tell me?"

The car pulled up behind them, as the driver said, "Oh! Ha!"

Angelina and Dave look at each other and stood next to each other as the passenger said, "Wait. Krasne?"

"What?" Dave asked as they were pointing at Dave

The driver said, "No, dude, it's Wudflzheimer, dude. It's Wudflzheimer."

"Sorry, man, not him." Dave replied shaking his head

The driver told them, "Don't apologize for who you are or who you're not."

"Sounds like a good Senior quote, right?" Angelina asked looking up at Dave. And he nods in reply

The driver asked them, "You guys know where this, um..This party's at?"

"Oh, it just got broken up by police." Angelina told them

The driver asked, "The one on Chestnut?"

"That's where we just were." Dave told him

"You sure about that?" The driver asked and Dave said, "Pretty sure."

The driver asked them, "But, hey, you guys want a ride? I guess we're heading west."

Angelina looks at Dave, "I could always call my brother, you know, if you wanna..."

"Uh, actually you know what? We're good, man. Thanks though." Dave said looking back at the driver

Angelina smiles looking back at the driver. The driver told them, "Suit yourselves. You kids look adorable together."

"We're not." Angelina and Dave said in unison "We're not together."

"That's what they all say." The driver said backing up. "Take it easy, Wudflzheimer, all right?"

Dave and Angelina and wave goodbye, and started walking again.

"Well, that was interesting." Dave commented. "Now, I guess my name is Wudflzheimer."

"Yeah, I guess so. Back in New York, the people are wild. Like at Times Square, you would see people in body paint and think that they're the Statue of Liberty." Angelina told him

Dave chuckled and said, "That's cool. So, um, I told you about a girl I'm practically in love with."

"Yep." Angelina said and Dave asked, "Are you interested in anybody?"

Angelina chuckled shaking her head, "I mean, not right now, I guess. I'm not looking for a boyfriend. Just someone to keep me company, you know?"

"I'm good company?" Dave asked and Angelina asked, "Am I?"

"I asked first." Dave said laughing

Angelina shrugged, "You're not that bad."

"Well, I think you're great company." Dave said making her smile. "Thanks, Hodgman."

"Your welcome, Carver." Dave replied smiling back