{15} Day At The Park

3rd Person POV

Now, at the park with Troy holding her other hand. Angelina walks up to Dave who was sitting on the swing set.

"Hey, stranger." Angelina greeted and Dave smiled looking up at her, "Long time no see."

Angelina crouches down looking at Troy fixing his shirt, "I'm scared, Angelina."

"Why's that, buddy?" Angelina asked and Troy replied, "Because Stella is really cute."

Angelina turns her head looking at Stella playing by the slides. She chuckled and looked back at Troy, "Be yourself, all right? Besides, she thinks you're cute too."

"Really?" Troy asked, with his eyes widen

Angelina laughed and said, "Yeah, now, go."

Troy hands his bag over to Angelina and then ran over to Stella. Angelina smiled at them and sat down on the swing next to Dave. She puts her bag next to Troy's, on the sand by her legs.

She smiles looking at Dave, Dave smiles back and said, "You can't get enough of me, huh?"

"Wow, Mr. I'm so confident. I'm impressed. Your mom and I are doing great." Angelina said making Dave chuckle

They both look over at their siblings playing and Angelina asked, "You and Stella are really close, huh?"

"Yeah, we are. You know, after high school, and if I get into Colombia, we've never been apart for that long, so it'll be an adjustment, definitely. I mean, but I'll be back all the time, and she'll come out a lot. We'll make it work. It'll be fine. It'll be fine." Dave said to her

"Plus, we got the whole summer." Dave said clearing his throat. "She wants to go on a roller coaster. She's obsessed with roller coasters."

"Dave, where's her father?" Angelina asked, looking at him

She continued, "I mean, you don't have to tell me."

"No, no. It's nothing that dramatic. Uh, we just don't really know." Dave said, looking back at her. "He had a drug problem. Uh...He got himself into debt, took off."

They look over at the kids at the monkey bar, "The worst part, Stella really liked him, and he just completely bailed on her. That's part of why it's hard, you know, leaving. I don't want her to worry that I'm not gonna come back."

"Dave, she'll understand. I mean, come on, she knows that you'll always come back to her." Angelina said. "She adores and loves you, Dave Hodgman." Dave chuckled in reply

She looks over at Troy and sighed to herself

She looks over at Troy and sighed to herself. "What's wrong?" Dave asked her

"It's Troy." Angelina looks back at Dave and said, "He thinks I hate him. God, I'm such a bad sister."

"Why would he think that?" Dave asked and Angelina replied, "He told me today, Dave. He said that I barely spend time with him anymore. He notices that I'm always in my room all the time."