{12} You Dig Me

3rd Person POV

Angelina walks around the house, and into the living room. She looked at the piano and sat down, laying her bag next to her. She puts her fingers over the keys and started playing, 'A Thousand Years by Christina Perri'

She hums the lyrics, closing her eyes in peace. Opening them up again, she heard Dave asked, "Is there anything you can't do?"

"Figure people out, I guess." Angelina shrugged. She looks over at him, as he sat down next to her, with his back to the piano. She moves over a little bit, as she stops playing the keys.

Angelina told him, "I didn't know that Stella was your half-sister."

Dave cleared his throat and said, "Her dad's not really in our lives anymore anyway, so..."

"And your dad?" Angelina asked looking at him

Dave replied, "Remarried. Lives in Stovington. He's an endodontist. Gives one hell of a root canal, if you're ever in need."

"I'll keep that in mind, thanks though." Angelina said to him

Dave begged, "Angelina, please don't have sex with Brendan."

"Have sex?" Angelina asked and Dave replied, "Yeah. You can't lose your virginity to him."

Angelina asked, "Why not, Dave? Just give me one good damn reason."

"Angelina, I have a list larger than Santa Claus' on why you shouldn't have sex with Brendan." Dave said back

He asked, "Besides, are you..? Are you kidding me?"

"Dave, let's be real here, okay? My virginity is not something I have to guard until I find the one or the right person. And if you really think about it, it's just some guy. The right person doesn't even exist, all right? Let's face it." Angelina said

She continued, "And besides, from what I've heard. He has experience, okay? Maybe he could teach me a few things, you know. Because when that day comes, when sex is just porno-sex mixed with 50 shades of gray level, I know a few things already, all right? So would you please, please, just tell me why I can't go and get it over with?"

"You know, I think it's finding the right person that makes it special. Okay? But it sure as shit it's not that guy." Dave argued making Angelina stand up, licking her lips. "Jesus."

She scoffed and sat back down, looking at Dave, "Do I literally have to remind you, Dave? That you're in love with someone else. You are completely in love with Jane Harmon. You love her smile, her hair tucking, her annoyingly perfect olive skin, and her beautiful big brown eyes."

"You have beautiful big brown eyes." Dave said back and Angelina nods her head, "Well, thank you. It's a gene I got from my mom, Hodgman. But that's not the point here. That's not the point."

She took a deep breath and told him, "The point is that you are in love with Jane, okay? You are because when you talk about her, it's like your world turns upside down. I know because I see it in your eyes, Dave."

Dave smiles at her and Angelina asked, "Why are you smiling?"

"You dig me." Dave said still smiling

Angelina said to him, "Dave, just stop, all right?"

"Stop what?" Dave asked and Angelina points at his face, "That smile, Dave. Just stop. Stop playing with my feelings. Stop getting into my head. Stop messing with me."

"Angelina?" Dave's face softened and asked, "Wh-What are you talking about?"

"You, Dave Hodgman. Stop trying to play me, all right? I've had guys play me before, and I was hoping you wouldn't be one of them." Angelina said to him

"I'm not." Dave said shaking his head, "I'm not, Angelina. I'm not playing with you. I would never do that to you."

"And how am I supposed to believe you?" Angelina asked looking at his eyes then to his lips.

Dave whispered looking at her eyes and her lips, "Just let me show you."

"Okay." She whispered back as they were both leaning in.

Brendan called out, "Angelina. We gotta go." Dave turns around looking at Brendan

Angelina leans back and puts her bag around her shoulders, "Okay, uh, just give me a second."

"No, right now. We're leaving." Brendan demanded as Angelina got up. "All right, Brendan, you need to relax, okay? How much did you drink?"

"I didn't drink anything, all right?" Brendan said back

Angelina asked, "Are you sure about that? I'm not even sure if you're sober enough to drive. Just give me the keys, all right?"

"Or I could just give a ride." Dave suggested getting up

Brendan told him, "Shut the hell up already, Dan."

Dave started to walk towards him as people were gathering around, "Okay. You want to know what I think? I think, no, actually, I know, you know my name is actually Dave. Kind of like how I know yours is actually Dick."

Brendan punches him hard in the face, making Dave's head hit the back on the coffee table. Dave said to them, "I'm okay, I'm all right, I'm fine."

Angelina goes over to Brendan putting her hands on Brendan's shoulders holding him back, "Relax, okay?"

Simon came out with Big Corporation trying to calm him down, "I'm gonna kill this bitch. I'll kick the living shit out of you. The living shit, my friend. You little dick."

"Woah, little man." Brendan commented and Angelina called out, "Stop! Guys, everyone just needs to calm down, all right?"

"Behave." Big Corporation tells Simon. Simon replied, "I wanna make him cry."

"Brendan, calm down, okay?" Angelina told him and Dave stood up and rolled up his sleeves, "I've never done this before, but I'm going to kick your ass. That's right, I'm not kidding, buddy."

"Dave." Angelina warned and Brianna came out with a couple of her friends.

She said to them, "What are you guys doing in here? I told you guys, the living room is off limits."

"You're totally right. I'm sorry, Brianna. We'll just leave right now, okay?" Angelina said looking at her

"Okay." Brianna said and Angelina replied, "Good."

Dave added looking at Brendan, "Yeah, good."

"Wait, what? You're leaving?" Dave asked looking at Angelina

Angelina sighed and said, "Yeah. I'm gonna go with Brendan."

She gives Dave a quick hug and whispered in his ear, "I'll be okay. I'll call you later."

Angelina lets go and grabs Brendan's wrist while holding her purse