4 - Capture the Flag

Ok, before we begin, I have some more fanart!! This is Jay! Exactly how I imagined her! I put the huge watermark on it bc art theft is a thing and this IS Jay, and I don't want people stealing it lol. But tysm Dominikart on Fiverr!! Now onto the story!

------------------------------------------------------------

Jay followed Luke's instructions and stood at the stables a few hours later. This time, she had armor on and a sword. She was proud of herself, for she had gone to the armory and equipped herself all alone.

Jay was soon greeted by Luke and the Percy boy.

"There's been a change of plans, You'll be on Percy's team. Don't worry though, you'll still be fine." Luke explained. Luke actually was persuaded by Percy to let Jay on his team.

Jay actually felt a bit disappointed, but that was soon gone as she walked with Percy as he told jokes. Percy seemed like a laid back guy, silly too.

"Uh, Percy?" Jay asked hesitantly.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"Has..there ever been a..demigod who just woke up in front of camp?"

Percy raised an eyebrow and thought for a moment before answering.

"I think that's happened a few times. It's when a god is too busy or something to get a satyr to get a demigod, so they just transport the kid to camp, but I guess the kid passes out from the magic crap" he explained.

Jay nodded.

"It happened to me, I was just wondering." She said, a hint of disappointment in her voice. Her godly parent was too busy to transport her properly?

She shook the thought away as they arrived the to playing field.

Jay was on Percy's team, the red, whilst Luke's team was blue. Luke slyly gave Jay a wink, which made her look away with a small smile.

Jay listened to Chiron as he explained the rules. No killing, dismemberment, etc. Finally, it came time for the game.

Annabeth was also on Percy's team.
She quickly walked over to Jay.

"Me and Percy are going to patrol around the flag. You guard it and if someone comes, scream or something. The other patrols will swarm and defend, got it?" She explained.

"W-wait, what? Me, guard the flag??" Jay blurted out.

"Just do it!" Annabeth said, running off with Percy.

Jay sighed and jogged to where her team flag was.

"I'm gonna fail."  She thought, but she trusted Annabeth's plan, for she was a daughter of Athena. She couldn't be wrong, right?

Their flag was beside a babbling stream. Jay leaned against the flag and threw small rocks into the rushing water. She was bored. However, in the distance she could hear swords clanging and yelling, which made her anxious and on edge.

Just then, a large camper advanced towards her. She suddenly let out a yelp and clung to her sword. The large boy ran at her and slashed.

Something clicked in her brain, and she swiftly swung her sword, cutting the boy's bicep.

"I-i'm sorry!" She whimpered, she had never hurt anyone before.

The boy growled and punched at her, which she quickly dodged. The one advantage of her being small was her quickness. She was like a mouse, darting fast and fiercely out of danger.

She suddenly heard a war cry, and a group of campers rushed to them. At the same time, another group rushed in from the opposite side, wearing blue helmets. The groups clashed, and Jay found herself still fighting the large boy. She was getting weak, her new instinct that kicked into her was fading.

Just then, she heard Luke's voice, and she turned  her head for a second, and wham.

She felt a force hit her stomach, and she flew back into the river, sinking underneath the surface.

She expected for her nostrils to be flooded, her breathe forced out and replaced with the cool water.

But she was breathing just fine.

She breathed in and out with ease. She quickly looked around in awe.

Is this magic water or something??

Her aching muscles suddenly felt rejuvenated. The cuts on her felt like they were disappearing.

She looked over as a fish swam by her peacefully in the river current.

She wanted to stay down there forever, but suddenly a green glow illuminated the murky depths.

Jay looked up and was almost blinded as she saw a bright green light above her. She quickly swam up and emerged from the water.

Everyone had stopped fighting, and were on their knees bowing, their jaws dropped, including Luke, an amazed look on his face.
Jay slowly walked out of the water and then looked up again.

Above her, was a glowing green trident. The symbol of Poseidon.

She herself was amazed, but it was short lived as Percy ran over.

"Hah! We Poseidon kids know how to get claimed in style!"

-------------------------------------------------------------
Haha! You gotta love Percy ;D
I've tried to make my goal for each chapter be at least 1000 words, but lately I've been slacking bc I want to end the stories off with a good end/cliffhanger, so they end up being 800 - 900 words lol. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! The next few chapters are gonna be pretty interesting, so stay tuned!