10- Someday

-17 years prior-

Sally Jackson laid on the beach, her son Percy toddling about. The little boy had just built a sloppy sand castle, and he was giggling as he knocked it down.

Troublemaker Sally thought, shaking her head with a smile. She began to think of her son's father,  Poseidon.

He had left her and his son to go back to Olympus. Sally understood, however he had left a hole in her heart that had yet to be fulfilled.

Just then, she heard a cry and she whipped her head to see her little boy on the ground, his face contorted in a cry.

Sally jumped up and went to her son's aid. She was then met by a man her age, who had also went to Percy's aid.

The man had red hair and gentle and shy eyes, like a doe's.

"Your boy took a tumble I see" he said, gently pulling the boy up. Percy had stopped his crying, wiping his face with balled fists.

Sally chuckled and brushed sand off of Percy's small belly.

"Yeah, he's a troublemaker" she smiled softly at the man.

"He's adorable. What's his name?" he asked.

"Percy. I'm Sally."

"I'm Andrew. It's nice to meet you." he greeted, holding out a hand. Sally shook it.

And there is when it started. Andrew and Sally chatted and watched Percy for the rest of the beach visit. Sally learned that Andrew was a marine biologist and that he was on the beach for a break.

Sally couldn't help it, Andrew seemed like a caring and sweet man, and after their chat, they planned another meeting, this time at a coffee shop.

Sally didn't know his true identity until after she figured out she was pregnant.

Andrew admitted it. He was Poseidon.

At first, Sally was furious.

"Why didn't you tell me before?? Why did you come back? Why in a different body??" she demanded.

Poseidon rubbed the back of his neck, obviously distressed.

"I know. I know. I visited to see you two and..I just fell in love again..I'm sorry.."

"Well I'm pregnant." Sally said, crossing her arms.

Poseidon's eyes widened and he took a step forward.

"Sally. This is bad. You can't have that baby"

Sally looked shocked, and then furious again.

"I am having this baby! I'm not getting rid of it."

Poseidon paced "It's my fault. Zeus is going to kill me. This isn't safe."

"Why? What's wrong.." she asked, suddenly very concerned.

Poseidon brushed back his red hair with his hand, sighing.

"Me, Zeus and Hades made a deal to not have any more children.." he admitted.

Sally crossed her arms.

"I am having this baby." she said sternly. It would break her heart not to.

Poseidon gave in. It was his fault and he had to face what lied ahead.

"You can have it, but there's no guarantee the child can stay with you and Perseus. It's too dangerous and if Zeus finds the child, he will kill Percy too. And monsters..they could.." he trailed off.

Sally looked down "We'll discuss it later."

And they did.

They made the hard decision of sending the baby with a satyr to an orphanage, and when the child was older, they would be sent to Camp Half Blood. From then on, Poseidon would try his best to protect his child from Zeus' wrath.

When Sally held her little girl, her heart broke knowing that she couldn't keep her and watch her grow up. Her eyes were green like Percy's and she had tiny wisps of red hair. She began to think of a name.

"Maybe name her after a greek priestess?" Poseidon suggested.

Sally shook her head.

"Percy was named like that. I want her to have a more normal name." she looked st the small baby in her arms and smiled sadly.

"Jay. Like a small bird."  she said.

Poseidon nodded.

"Whatever you wish, Sally."

And there it was settled. Sally began to cry as her baby was put in the arms of a satyr. Poseidon grimly touched his child softly on the head before she was carried away.

Sally begged him to do one thing,

"Please keep her safe. Please.."

"I promise. Don't speak of her around Perseus. It's better that way. Trust me. The time will come when he will know."

Sally nodded, wiping away her tears.

From then on, it was like Jay was erased. Sally didn't speak of her, no matter how much she wanted to and no matter how many questions young Percy asked. Late at night, Sally would think of her daughter and regret her decision of sending her away.

Her heart wrenched at the thought of Jay, so over the years she pushed the memory of her to the back of her head.

When young Percy would ask about his sibling, she would force herself to say,
"Silly Percy, it was probably a dream."

Or

"You have such a creative imagination!"

It broke her heart, but she knew the risks of Percy knowing. He would get older and try to find his sister, and may get them both killed.

Sally reassured herself that they would meet at camp and everything would be fine.

Poseidon would send messages to Sally, reassuring her that Jay was safe. He didn't however, inform her of any monster attacks or trouble Jay had gotten in. He didn't want to worry Sally more than she already was.

Someday, I'll meet her. Someday we'll be a family.