19 - The beginning of The End

Jay did her usual routine on the yacht. First, she woke up and got ready, then went to check on Luke. Ever since she had met the demigods, they had been less shy and more active. They often watched tv or fooled around on the yacht. However, today the ship was mostly silent except for the hum of the engines. Nervousness slowly creeped into Jay as she rapped on Luke's door, waiting silently.

When Luke answered, Jay's heart leapt into her throat. He was a mess.
Luke looked at her with dark bags under his eyes, his blonde hair ruffled into a mess, his skin slightly paler. The drastic change shocked Jay.

"Hey." he mumbled, rubbing his eyes.

"Hey. You okay?" Jay asked, rubbing her arm, trying not to show her surprise.

"Fine. Just working." he snapped slightly, his blue eyes looking cold.

"Oh, okay." she said meekly, drawing back. Luke then slammed his door shut, making her jump slightly.

The girl felt a bit hurt and confused. She decided to leave Luke alone. She then walked to the kitchen and her shock was further enhanced.

Standing like statues were some of the demigods, weapons in their hands. They guarded entrances like toy soldiers, their expressions blank and silent. Jay felt like she had walked into another dimension, she felt like a fish out of water.

"Guys?" she asked, her voice saturated with confusion.

Their eyes looked over at her, and then back at the floor, the grip on their weapons staying the same. Just then, Kelli walked in.

"No more funny business anymore. We're an army now. It's about time you adjust." her voice seethed.

Jay looked at the girl for a few seconds, her statement sinking in.

"What..what do you mean? Why so sudden?" she asked.

Kelli chuckled.

"Oh, so it seems Luke hasn't told you. We're entering the first phase now. I guess Handsome doesn't tell you everything I see." her sharp grin pierced through Jay.

Jay clenched her jaw and went to Luke's room, her heart pounding as she knocked on the door.

"What??" he snapped, opening the door. His expression softened slightly when he saw Jay.

"Hey.." he said.

"Hey," she replied "Can I come in?"

"Uh, sure." he hesitantly stepped aside in the doorway, letting her in.

His room was also a mess, the maps laid out onto his desk stained with red marker and notes. Jay decided to get to the point.

"Luke, what's happening?" she asked as he sat down at his desk.

The boy looked down and smoothed out his hair, sighing.

"I'm sorry it's so sudden, but we're entering war now."

"With the gods?" she asked, wanting to make sure.

Luke gulped and looked down, tapping his desk.

"Camp Half Blood is now our enemy."

Jay felt a wave of shock and confusion, but also anger.

"Why?? We're trying to help them!" she cried.
Deep down she hoped that Percy wasn't her enemy. She didn't want him to be.

"I know, but in order to keep going we can't have them ruining our plans. They announced that they're on the gods' side. If they attack us we'll fight back. My army is growing, Jay." Luke explained.

"But..I don't want to fight them.." Jay's voice trembled, tears pricking at her eyes along with a sick feeling in her stomach.

"We have to. If they don't listen to us then they're our enemy. Believe me, I'm just as shocked as you are." Luke said in a stern voice, his blue eyes cold.

Jay looked down, hiding her tears. She didn't want to go against Luke, but she dreaded getting into conflict with the Camp.

"Besides, they're worthless anyway." said a cold and dark voice.

Jay looked up and her heart skipped a beat at what she witnessed. Luke was staring right at her, his eyes pure gold like a demon's. The girl quickly backed up, her heart racing.

Luke chuckled as he got up, walking towards her. His face was painted with his signature smirk, but this time it looked sinister. Jay felt her back thump against the wall, her eyes darting around for an exit.

Luke stood in front of her, still smirking.

"They're expendable too. But so are you. I have plenty of beasts in my army that are more powerful than you. So I advise you to follow my instruction, yes?" he said in a deadly tone.

"What..what are you?" Jay asked, although she was already sure of the answer.

"Kronos, my dear. But you know what I also am?"

Jay shook her head.

"Your master. You will do what I say." he sneered.

Jay looked into his golden eyes, ones that were once sky blue. She was speechless, fear gripping her throat.

"DO YOU UNDERSTAND?" He barked, pushing her against the wall forcefully, causing her to wince.

"Yes, I do." she said, tears starting to stream down her face. Her body trembled and her shoulders ached from being slammed into the wall.

"Good- ugh shit.."

Jay looked up as his voice changed mid sentence, relief washing over her as she saw Luke's blue eyes again.

However, when Luke saw Jay, dread and concern gripped him. She looked scared and she had fresh tears spilling down her cheeks.

He lunged forward and gently touched her cheek, noticing how she flinched as he did so.

"Jay..I'm sorry." he said, although he didn't know what he did. But he judged that it was the fault of Kronos.

Jay sniffled and looked down, her trembling subsiding as she took deep breaths. Luke gently wrapped his arms around her in a hug, which Jay tightly returned.

"I'm sorry.." he repeated softly, closing his eyes as he rubbed her back. Jay found herself burying her face in his shoulder, comforted by his embrace and tenderness.

Luke wasn't sure of what exactly Kronos did, but he knew that he had to handle it. A part of him wanted to Jay to escape so he wouldn't hurt her, but she would be left homeless. Or worse, hurt by Kronos or his enemies. He felt guilt grow into his heart as he embraced her.

"Jay?"

"Yeah?" she replied, sniffling.

"Whatever happens, I just want you to know that I..I love you. Okay?" he confessed.

Jay simply nodded, her mouth turning into a soft smile.

"I love you too." she said, and she meant it.

Luke kissed her forehead before pulling her into a gentle kiss, his feelings pouring into it. Jay returned his kiss and a sadness came over her.
She was scared for the two of them, but mostly Luke. What will happen once Kronos takes full control?

However, she quickly pushed those negative thoughts back and looked up at Luke. His blue eyes sparkled as he looked at her, a pure smile on his face.

She gently put her hand on his cheek, and he held it there with his hand. They silently stood with each other, thinking.

Meanwhile, Kelli stood outside.

"Oh how I love thin walls." she said to herself with a grin.

"She won't last another week." she said, walking out to the deck whilst picking at her fangs.

"Not another week."