22 - New Home and Lingering Thoughts

A few days later, Luke and his crew had a new home. Instead of the yacht, they were now staying in a building in New York. Somehow, maybe illegally, Luke had rented out an entire sky scraper. Jay speculated that Drew Tanaka used some of her charmspeak to seal the deal.

Although she missed the yacht and the surrounding ocean, the building had amazing views of New York. However, it made Jay nervous being that close to the Empire State building, aka Olympus.

This could only mean that their plan was working, and that they were getting closer.

Luke was different, too. Kronos had taken almost full time control of him. But, to her relief, he didn't try killing her on the spot again. Still, she felt his eyes watching her every move, looking for any sign of hesitation or disobedience.

Jay had been given her own room in the building, although she was told it would be temporary. If their plan worked, they would be moving into Mt. Olympus. This caused Jay to worry about the future. If they won, and the gods were done for, what will become of Kronos? She worried that Kronos would never leave Luke as his vessel. She worried that Kronos would reside in him forever, like a parasite. With a sinking heart, Jay imagined herself sitting on a throne by him, forced to reside with Kronos, and not Luke.

Ever since she had realized this, Jay felt like an idiot. She and Luke had fallen for Kronos' lies. He would never leave his vessel, even after they have won. Luke had been manipulated into following his words, and then it was Jay.

She tried to think of something positive, something to clear her head. So, she comforted herself with one thought:

When the Gods are gone, no demigod will have to suffer because of their laziness.

The idea dulled her pain and worry slightly. Then, another thought struck her mind.

Me and Luke would suffer for the safety of the demigods. We bear it so they don't have to.

It made sense to her, so she went along with that idea. As she sat in her room, she couldn't help but listen to the commotion of the crew around her room. The army of Kronos had grown now, and it made Jay uneasy. More and more monsters, and even demigods, had joined the cause. Jay felt glad that many seemed to support their side, but at the same time it made her anxious. This could only mean that war was going to break out soon, unless the gods surrender.

But what of Camp Half Blood? We will have to fight them..

Jay felt a sinking in her chest. She imagined the monsters of the army killing the demigods that they wanted to protect in the first place. She silently hoped that that wouldn't be the case. She hoped that Camp would stay out of it.

Then, another thought struck her, one that made her not feel herself.

If they die, then so be it. We can save the remaining ones. Us defeating them would be for their own good.

She felt that some of Kronos' ideas had rubbed off on her. As much as she hated the thought of harming other demigods, the idea had a point. If the camp truly resisted, they would be preventing their liberation from the gods. Only by force would they be saved from the true enemy, Olympus.

Jay rubbed her face and tried to think of something more positive, but she couldn't. The lingering thoughts still occupied her mind.

So, she laid down on the bed in her room and tried to get some sleep.

Finally, after a while of silence, the realm of sleep finally welcomed Jay into its arms.

·····················

Hey y'all! Sorry for the short chapter and hiatus! I just got a new job and so I'm gonna be busy! I'll be sure to update as much as I can though!