31 - Closing in

(Major Author's note! It has come to my attention that a part of chapter 28 wasn't included when I published it originally! I guess my Wattpad goofed and saved an earlier revision, whoopsie! Good news is that its updated and the only major change is in the beginning (Info on Thalia Grace!) So don't be confused when reading some of this chapter :) Happy reading!

*****************

"I know she's still in there and aware. I know because I've experienced it." 

Before Hermes could reply, a large boom sounded from within the city. His eyes widened before he let out an anxious breathe.

"A Drakon is attacking the city. I must go. Take these!" The God then snapped his fingers, causing golden armor to appear next to his son. The demigod looked at the armor, which consisted of a chestplate, grieves, and bracers. When Luke looked back up, his father was gone.

Luke gazed down at the armor, which was emitting a soft glow from its power. He already had an achilles heel and was powerful enough to face Kronos, but he needed to protect his weak spot. The thought of Kronos sifting through Jay's memories to find it made his stomach twist. He hesitantly put on the armor and gazed at the throne room ahead of him through the bars of his cell. He could feel Kronos getting closer and closer. It was only a matter of time until he had to face him. 

Meanwhile, on the battlefield, Gods and Demigods alike battled the fierce drakon. Percy and Annabeth were at the forefront in aiding the camp's dwindling army. 

"So he just went poof? Are you sure it was the Gods who got him and not Kronos?" Percy yelled over the battle at Annabeth, who was busy helping campers form their battle formations. 

"Yes! You know I'm always right, Seaweed Brain!" She retorted, frustrated as she guided the frantic campers.

Percy kept his mouth shut as he formed a hurricane over the Drakon. His gaze wandered to the Empire State building, wondering how this would all play out. His heart still ached for his sister, but a part of him was hopeful. Certainly they could save her and destroy Kronos' spirit, right? 

Perhaps they could use the Golden Fleece like they did with..

Arrows whizzed past him and found themselves in the neck of the Drakon, causing it to roar. Behind Percy were the hunters of Artemis, and their newest member, Thalia Grace. 

Her blue eyes were piercing as they aimed her bow once more, letting the string snap forward as another arrow was sent into the drakon.  As far as she knew, Luke was still on Kronos' side. She had some major catching up to do.

************

Luke was startled as he heard a large explosion followed by his ears ringing. Bright light filled the throne room as he shielded his sight with his hand, his teeth gritting. Surely this was Zeus arriving to execute him, or possibly another God to use him as a punching bag for making them get off their ass for once. 

Suddenly, he saw a figure emerge from the light, followed by two cyclops. 

Jay stepped towards his cell, her eyes a burning gold as they looked upon him like he was an insect. She was dressed in golden armor similar to his, her sword clenched at her side.

"Castellan, who knew you would become such a pathetic snake. What a shame, you were quite the fighter." 

Luke felt hatred bubble up within him as he gazed at his love, her body now a mere shell for an evil spirit. He knew she was in there somewhere. The question was, how was he going to get her out?

"It was quite easier than I thought to distract the Gods." He chuckled darkly, "What a pity."  

"What do you want?"  Luke snapped boldly, his expression turning into a glare. 

Kronos gazed at the demigod, a smirk appearing on his vessel's lips before he drew Tidebreaker.

"To get rid of the snake."

**********

Percy hid his panic as another Drakon appeared as soon as the first was slain. Zeus's lightning bolts rained down on the beast, followed by the arrows of the Hunters and the spears of the Ares campers.  Something didn't feel right, it was a feeling deep in his gut that told him so. Annabeth seemed to sense this as she ran over to him. 

"Percy, all the Gods are here, no one is guarding Mount-"

She was cut short as a group of Empousai descended upon them, their hair aflame and their fangs razor sharp and gnashing. Kelli's glowing eyes fell upon Percy, and she grinned sinisterly.

"Another sea scum I must destroy, my my, it was fun finding out your poor sissy was killed by Lord Kronos!"

Percy's blood boiled as he clenched Riptide and ran at the creature, an angry yell ripping from his throat as he swung the blade. His pain and hatred clouded his vision while the real threat was closing in 102 floors above him. 

**********
"Leave us." Kronos ordered his Cyclops, to which they promptly obeyed.

The Titan circled Luke as the demigod still remained in his cell, his golden eyes never leaving his form.

"Jay, I know you're in there.." Luke attempted, a plan slowly forming in his head.

Kronos scoffed before replying, his movement coming to a halt.

"She is weak. Much weaker than you were. You stand no chance in reaching her."

"Then if you wish to kill me, at least let me go out fighting." Luke held firm, his gaze never wavering.

After a few moments, Kronos raised Tidebreaker and brought the sword down on the golden lock, the power saturated blade cutting through it like butter.

"Your move, Castellan."