Smurf Meeting

Later that day, without Smurfette's knowledge, the smurfs, smurflings, and smurfs of Smurfy Grove went to Smurf Village Meeting Hall to discuss about Smurfette and her changed behaviour. They chatted about their observation about Smurfette, until Papa Smurf hammered the mallet on the table.

"Order! Order!" He yelled. "Now, what seems to be the problem?"

"It's Smurfette!" Brainy raised his hand. "She's gone mad. She shouted at me when I needed her assistance."

"She yelled at me so angry when she sat on my bench!" Grouchy added.

"She called me a 'clumsy-doofus'!" Clumsy cried.

"That's not all." SmurfBlossom intervened. "She also said the word..." She stopped right there as she whispered. "'Stupid'"

Everyone gasped as the smurfs started to gossip. Smurfette never behaved like this before. She was the nicest girl smurf they all ever met, and suddenly, she just changed?

Hefty didn't believe what the other smurfs said about Smurfette as he stood up from his seat, and stood up in front. "Whoa, everyone! Smurfette would never do that in her life! She'd never try to hurt anyone since she came in our lives, or before she became a real smurf."

"Yes, not even since she came to Smurfy Grove." SmurfAggie added.

"But how could she be like that if she was very nice?" SmurfStorm asked. "Didn't you forget that she was created by Gargamel?"

"Now, Smurfstorm." SmurfWillow held her by the shoulder. "Let's not jump into conclusion until we'll try to figure out why Smurfette acted like this."

"Maybe she was so stress that she was excited for her birthday." Hefty said.

"Wait, it's her birthday?" Smurflily exclaimed.

"Yes, it's in three days." Papa Smurf replied. "That could be the answer. Smurfette acted like this because she was so excited for her birthday."

"Then, we should too." Handy said. "Let's make the best birthday party that Smurfette could ever have."

"You just read my mind." Aggie winked. "I'll plan for the party."

"I'll bake the cake." Baker Smurf volunteered.

"We'll gather some decorations." Sassette said.

"I guess we all get excited about Smurfette's birthday, aren't we?" SmurfWillow said.

"Yes, we do." Papa Smurf chuckled. "Now, let's dismiss early so we'll have the time to plan for our special Smurfette's birthday."

Everyone murmured in agreement as they stood up from their seats, and headed outside the hall.

SmurfStorm didn't catch up with the others as she approached SmurfWillow one more time. "I don't think it's about the birthday, Willow. Something's not right about Smurfette."

"You were always been suspicious about Smurfette since we first met her and the boys." Willow said. "Maybe it's time for you to stop this suspiciousness."

"I know, but this is the different than the last time I know about Smurfette."

"Maybe it would be better if you go and watch over her until her birthday comes." Papa Smurf suggested. "Just to be safe."

"But Papa..." Hefty interjected. "What about me? I'll watch over her. I'm the strongest and bravest smurf she ever met."

"In your dreams." Stormy rolled her eyes as Hefty glared at her.

Papa and Willow glanced at each other as they thought of the same what they were thinking.

"Just to be fair, why don't you two would watch over her?" Papa asked.

"You mean that I should watch over Smurfette... with her?" Hefty looked away from SmurfStorm. "She always doubts Smurfette!"

"Because I was only trying to protect my kind. And since Smurfette is one of us too, I wanted to keep her safe." Storm explained.

"And since you two cared for Smurfette, you should look after her." Willow added.

"Fine, but I'm going to protect her from Gargamel." Hefty said.

"And I'm going to beat that wizard on the face!" Stormy showed her fist.

"It's clear then." Both leaders said.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Smurfette went out of the village to the forest to give herself some space and fresh air, thinking of what she have done to her friends.

"What was I thinking?" She thought. "Why did I do that to my friends? I didn't mean to say those things. They are really hurt."

When she was focus on her thought, Smurfette didn't notice that there was a big bird almost landed on her. She screamed when she discovered that it was Gargamel's pet vulture, Monty, landed in front of her. Smurfette ran as fast as she can to avoid the crazy bird. She hid behind a tall tree, and panted heavily from the chase. When she realized it was really quiet, Smurfette thought that the bird was gone as she turned around to see if the bird was still there, but a pair of talons grabbed her around her body. She was caught off-guarded.

"Help! Help!" Smurfette shouted helplessly. "Let go of me, you crazy bird!"

Ignoring Smurfette, Monty flew up high, and headed straight back to Gargamel's castle.

Just after the bird left the ground, Hefty and SmurfStorm heard Smurfette's voice as they ran to save her, but they discovered it was too late.

"Smurfette!" Hefty watched Smurfette got captured by Monty in horror.

"We'll never save her in time by foot." Stormy said as she whistled, calling Spitfire, and hopped on his back. "Quick, hop on!"

Hefty nodded as he hopped on Spitfire's back, behind Stormy, and the dragonfly took off to follow Monty all the way to the castle.