Chapter 4

"What do you think?" Victoria was so caught up in jotting down key notes that she didn't even realise they were talking to her. She looked up from her note pad to see everyone at the table turned to look at her, she looked at Alexander who was also staring at her.

"What do you think" John asked again.

"I think it is stupid" everyone on the table looks taken a back and she blushes "Sorry... but I do think the deal doesn't make sense." She looks at her note and a point she noted and then spoke again. "I think you should give Mr. King a thousand plots of land because well this company is really big and everyone is going to expect this estate to be filled with mansions and a huge country club not small urban houses that anyone can build... Plus it will give your companies publicity a boost cause if the land is good and if you can clear it on time then I'm sure other companies will want to buy more land from you seeing as you own 70% in this country and dont forget the heavy rent people would be willing to pay" Victoria finishes with a small smile "Excuse my language" she said meekly she hoped she didn't say anything wrong. As all the men stare at her in awe including Alexander, she starts to panic thinking about if she said something wrong but then one of the men hum in approval.

"That makes sense" one of them say.

Mr. John grits his teeth and looks at one of the older men who is just staring at Victoria with a small smile. Victoria recognizes the man but she can't place him where they have met before, the mere fact that they have met in the past makes her stomach boil. The man finally looks at John and says "I agree" in a low tone. John stands up with rage and glares at Victoria as he walks through the door. She jumps when the door slams with a loud sound as she wonders what she did wrong. She turns to look at her boss who is still staring at her with mixed emotions. Did she really just do that. "Well this meeting is over and I am hungry so I will be on my way" the old mans says with a smile making some of the men chuckle "Victoria" the old man calls and she spins on her heels to face him shocked that he knew her name.

"Do I know you?" she asks creating a large amount of space between the two of them, was he one of his men? She asked herself. No, he was way to old to be a human bounty hunter. He smiles weakly at her as he gestures for them to walk together, Victoria doesn't move wanting to be in the conference room where people were.

"You don't remember your good old Papa jo" he says in a sing song voice and Victories eyes glimmer with memory. She leaps towards him without thinking as she ignores the silence that suddenly takes over the room as people watch them. He chuckles resting a hand on the small of her back and chinning her. Papa jo was one of Victories dads friend, when she was younger they would go out every Sunday immediately after church to the park to buy ice cream. It was one of the good memories that was buried deep down her head.

"You are so grown up" she pulls away from him with a small smile "How are your parents I haven't seen them in a long time" Victoria stiffens at the mention of her parents and all of a sudden, she wants to cry in his arms.

"We-we don't talk anymore Papa" she says wearily and he places a hand on her shoulder reassuringly. She forces one more smile. "Why is that?" he asks with a shocked look, he remembered as a child that Victoria never liked her parent's belief but he didn't know it would go this far.

"That's a story for another day... what are you doing here I thought you retired from business" she turns the subject around to him, interested in his life. "Ah yes, but then I got this awesome deal and look where I am today" he smiles adjusting his coat. Victoria knew with the amount of money he was making he could help her anytime she wanted but she hated begging so she kept her mouth shut.

"Its great seeing you so strong Victoria, I hope to see you in more of my meetings it's really entertaining with you around" He smile at her and she chuckles "Oh and you need to meet my wife and children I have practically already described you to them but I'm sure they would be delighted to meet you" He smiles at her one last time before retreating to a body guard that is stood at the door. Victoria could not even believe that this happened, to say she was over joyed was an understatement. She spun around on her feet ready to pick up her note pad and leave but she came face to face with Alexander.