Chapter 2: Beginning

P.O.V. Third

King looked at the two figures in front of him for a moment before he smiled and nodded. "Yeah, I'd like to stay here," King said with a smile. Weiss also smiled hearing this and Jacques sighed and looked down at him.

"Very well, then please follow me," the male said looking at King. When he said this King began to follow the male. The two then entered the room that had been labeled the training room.

Jacques then turned to King with a somewhat serious expression. "Weiss told me about your amazing fighting talent so we will be putting those skills to use. I of course will not let you both live and train here for free so from today forward it will be your job to protect Weiss," Jacques said looking down at the male in front of him.

"So I'm going to be her body guard?" King asked looking at Jacques.

"No, because that does not require any emotional attachment, and you will only be protecting her from physical dangers then. This requires far more than that, you will protect her from both physical and emotional dangers. You will not just look after her in terms of danger but as well as in terms of her well being. In a sense you could consider yourself her brother," Jacques said looking at him.

"O-oh," King said as he looked at the taller male in front of him. Jacques looked at him for a moment to be sure that he understood what it was he wanted. After a few moments had passed he turned his attention to the female and looked at her.

"Weiss, I want you to go to your room and read the books that have been placed there. After you finish them you are free to do as you wish," Jacques said looking at her when he said this the female nodded.

"Yes, dad," Weiss said before she began to walk out of the room. When she did Jacques looked at King and sighed. A male then walked into the room and looked at him.

"King, this is the man that will be training you from now on," Jacques said looking at him. King nodded hearing this and the male looked at him.

"So today we are more on less going to try and figure out where you stand in terms of ability and skill. This is going to take up most of the day so be ready," the male said looking at King. When he said this King nodded and the two walked deeper into the training room.

P.O.V. Weiss

I sighed as I finished reading the last book that my dad had placed into my room. It was about Vale and Beacon Academy, my dad was really insistent that I decide what school I wanted to attend at a young age so that he could make the arrangements without a large amount of money.

However I'm sure what each is like apart from what the books tell me and I'm not sure if any of it is actually true. I stood up and began to walk out of my room. Dad said that I could spend the rest of the day however I want once I finished reading. So I want to find King and spend the day with him.

It seems like he's the only one who doesn't mind spending the day with me. Winter and father were always to busy to spend the day with me and Whitley tends to try and antagonize me. So I can't say I enjoy spending time with him.

I then walked outside and began to walk to the training room. I remember the first day of training Winter spent almost the entire day in it. When I walked in I saw King and the person who trained Winter fighting. However King's hair wasn't glowing like before.

The male seemed to have gotten a little distracted by me opening the door. As he looked at me for a moment. When he did I saw King move to the side and kicked his arm. The male moved quickly to stop the attack but didn't seem to have much effect as he was pushed back.

King then ran towards the male and I smiled "Hey King!" I said gaining his attention. When I did King looked at me and smiled. The other male jumped back and threw a small container with something red inside at the ground. I wasn't sure what was in it but it looked like dust.