Chapter 20: Excitement

P.O.V. Third

Ace sighed as he waited in the hall for his sister to finish the match she was in. As he waited for the match to end he let out a sigh starting to become slightly bored of waiting. He wasn't sure what his sister's semblance was but at the very least she be able to make use of whatever she was born with. As patient as Ace was, it was at times like this that he really felt himself start to become anxious.

After all he had his sister cornered, now she'd have to talk to him. He wasn't sure what she was planning but if she was with the White Fang then she knew that she had something planned which meant unless she wanted to draw attention to herself she'd have to leave through her teams exit and not through some other means. Ace didn't want to hurt his sister but he had to know why. 

Why she chose to join the White Fang, why no matter how hard he looked or how hard he tried he could never find her, why she seemed to be avoiding him, why Neo seemed surprised that he was alive. He just had to know why she did everything that she had done up to this point. After he heard the announcement he smiled and began to wait for the female to exit. As expected the first two entered with no hesitation. 

A male with silver-gray hair and gray eyes and a female that had long black hair and amber eyes that were eerily cold.  He didn't recognize these two, then again they weren't the person that he wanted to talk to, so he didn't really pay them any mind, and continued to look down the hall for the final two to enter hoping the next figure would be his sister. However unknown to the male the two remaining females were by the exit having a conversation. 

"I can't go in there!" Emerald said in a hushed tone. 

"Why not?" Neo asked as she looked at the female. 

"My brothers in there, he'll want to talk to me. The last thing we need is any delays for today. You know as well as I do that we can't afford any distractions or mistakes and if I talk to him then there's a very good possibility that Mercury won't be able to make it to the final round for our plan. Team CVFY aren't some push-overs after all!" Emerald said trying to keep her hushed tone. 

"And what am I supposed to do about it?" Neo asked as she looked at her best friend. 

"Distract him," Emerald said bluntly as she looked at the male.

"What?" Neo asked as she looked at the green haired female. 

"Distract him, keep him occupied while I sneak past him. Do whatever you think it takes to keep his attention while I use my semblance to slip past him," Emerald said as she looked at the female. Neo sighed hearing this and nodded. 

"Okay, just make it quick. I don't know him that well so I might not be able to keep his attention for long," Neo said as she began towards the exit with the male still waiting inside. Neo paused for a bit thinking of something she could say to help keep the male's attention while Emerald went to use her semblance. Ace sighed as he continued to wait  few minutes before the next figure entered the hall and to Ace's surprise it was Neo. As she walked into the halls she smiled seeing the male and began to walk towards him. 

"Hey Ace, how are you doing today?" Neo asked as she looked at the male in front of her. Ace smiled seeing this and looked down the hall. He actually did like Neo but at the moment he also really wanted to talk to his sister. Not seeing the female Ace turned towards the female and smiled. 

"I'm good, and how are you?" Ace asked as he looked at the female in front of her. 

"I'm great, we managed to win our fight," Neo said as she looked at the male in front of her. 

"That's great," Ace said with a smile as he looked at Neo.

"So are you moving onto the next round? Or is someone else from your team going?" Neo asked as she looked at the male in front of her.