Chapter 8: Introduction

P.O.V. Third

King was currently sitting in the small room that he shared with the others. "Any idea what the answer to number eight is Weiss?" Ruby asked looking at the white haired female beside her.

"Figure it out yourself you dunce," Weiss said as she continued to search through the books in front of her trying to complete the paper in front of her.

"The answer is the primordial spirits," King said looking at Ruby. When he said this Ruby smiled and wrote the answer down quickly receiving a slight glare from Weiss.

"Do you know what the answer to seventeen is?" Yang asked looking at the male hoping he'd help her like he had just helped her sister.

"The four maidens," King said looking at to blonde in front of him.

"Thanks!" Yang said as she turned around and wrote the answer down.

"How about you stop giving the answers away and start doing your own work!" Weiss said looking at the male in front of her.

"I already finished it," King said looking at the them. "Also you won't get fifty it's not in the book. They kind of set you up for failure on that one but the answer is the Sion," King said looking at the four.

"Then how do you know it?" Blake asked a little curious as to why he knew the answer when he shouldn't.

"I love stories like that. Just short stories with morals that are somewhat hidden while short and innocent enough to be passed off as a bedtime story. Although the story of the Sion is a bit darker than I'd like and it seems a little ridiculous now that I'm older but I still like the story," King said as he looked at the few in front of him.

"I'm not familiar," Blake said looking at the male in front of her.

"I won't bore you with the entire story but the short version is that a long time ago a angelic prince found his way to remnant and was treated so badly he lost his memory of being an angel. After years had passed he found someone he liked and named him the Sion. As a result he inherited his angelic aura and his angelic blood when the angel died. Years once again passed and he passed through power on and then they passed their power on. Each time the Sion would be stronger than the last. It's said that each generation has a Sion even if they don't realize it," King said looking at the female.

Hearing this the four in front of him seemed to have a slightly different reaction. "What makes the story so dark?" Yang asked slightly confused, the story itself didn't sound like something you'd want to keep from children at least not at first.

"The angel was kidnapped and tortured for forty days. The actual story that I read went into graphic detail about what they did. It mentally destroyed the angel, that's what caused him to forget who he was. Of course as I said the story and idea behind it is nice but the idea that anyone could inherit this power is a bit ridiculous," King said looking at the few in front of him.

"It was your favorite story for the longest time," Weiss said looking at the male. "I remember the first few weeks after we met that's all you'd talk about. You used to be so obsessed with the Sion," Weiss said as she thought back to the years when she had first met King.

"Yeah, I still really like the story and it's still one of my favorites. I guess I've just drifted from it. Maybe I should read it again some time," King said as he got up. When he said this Weiss turned around to look at the papers in front of her and smiled.

"You should do that, it'll give you something to do other than bother us while we're trying to work," Weiss said as she wrote a small amount of information down on the piece of paper in front of her.