Chapter 6: Sparring

P.O.V. Third

King looked at the younger female in front of him waiting for an answer. A few moment passed before Ruby finally decided to answer the male. "Well I think that we should all fight him," Ruby said looking at the white haired male in front of her.

"That so?" King asked looking at her. It wasn't an insult to her judgement more like

"Yeah, I don't really know what the others are capable of. Well expect for Yang of course and this may be a good way for me to see where we need improvement," Ruby said looking at the male in front of her. King nodded when she said this and he stepped aside.

"I assume all of you know when to stop a fight. If not then hopefully Ruby knows and try not to use firearms in here. I'm sure this building is expensive and I somehow doubt any of you would want to pay for the expenses," King said as he leaned against the wall and looked at the four females in front of him. When he said this each of them readied themselves. Ruby pulling out a scythe, Weiss drawing her rapier, Blake placing her hand on her sword and Yang's bracelets turning into gauntlets a feature that King admittedly liked.

Ace then moved his hands into his pockets and pulled out two rings and placed them on. When he did the rings like Yang's bracelets turned into gauntlets and he took a fighting stance. The first of the four to make a move was Weiss using her semblance to dash forward. Ace's eyes widened slightly seeing this not expecting her to move as quickly as she did. Ace threw up both of his wrists and stopped the attack.

When he did he heard a few footsteps behind Weiss and much to his surprise Weiss moved out of the way. He then saw the blonde female from before get ready to punch him. He like before put both of his hands up to block the attack. However when he did he felt himself get pushed back. It was clear that this female was far stronger than he was. As Ace was thrown back he threw his hands to the side and clicked a small button on each of his gauntlets.

When he did the two turned into small one handed scythes. However his reactions weren't the only one's that were fast. As before he landed he found either side of him had a female with their weapons drawn. With one being the red hooded leader of the team and the other being the quiet bow wearing member of the team. Ace quickly moved his two scythes to protect himself and stopped their attacks. However he had to struggle to do so.

Lucky for him the black haired female backed away quickly and put some distance between herself and him. Ace then once again saw Weiss moving towards him and moved out of her way sliding under Ruby's scythe in the process. Ace then heard some familiar footsteps coming towards him and panicked knowing that it was Yang. He could block another hit from her without being sent flying like before, and this time since his weapon was in scythe form and not gauntlet form he also had the added chance of loosing his weapons.

Ace turned to see Yang about to punch him. Ace's eyes widened and he quickly moved his head to the side seeing this. He had just avoided a punch to the face however he could feel the shockwave from her attack and the wind was enough to cause a small amount of damage. Ace could only imagine how devastating that attack would have been if Yang had actually managed to hit him.

Ace then once again heard some quicker footsteps heading towards him and quickly moved one of his small scythes behind him in an attempt to block the attack. He was lucky enough that his scythe actually made contact with the blade that was about to attack him however he once again found himself having to dodge several incoming attacks from Yang.

Ace then heard a strange sound behind him and moved out of the way to see Weiss go past him. However before he had the chance to dodge another attack from Yang he felt something pulling his legs. When he looked he saw what looked liked a blade that had been sheathed. When he looked at who was holding the weapon he saw the black haired female from their team.