Chapter 9: Friends

P.O.V. Third

The male known as King was walking down the streets of Vale. All of the members of team RWBY had decided to do something on their own today so King didn't have to watch over them since they were all in different locations. As he was walking he saw a familiar set of green hair walk into a shop. King smiled seeing this and began to walk towards the shop.

When he entered he spotted the female sitting down looking at some type of menu. King smiled seeing this and walked towards the female. "This sit taken?" King asked as he looked down at the female. Usually Emerald would tell whoever it was to piss off yet for some reason this voice seemed oddly familiar. So Emerald looked up and saw King staring at her offering her a kind smile.

Emerald let a slight smile cross her face seeing the male. He had an odd warm feeling to him most likely because he reminded her of the brother she had lost so many years ago. Plus if nothing else she figured she might be able to get a free meal from him. "I suppose I could have worse company than you," Emerald said looking at him. King's smile widened slightly hearing this and he sat in the seat across from her.

Unknown to the male the other female that he had met on the ship had just walked into the building. Emerald smiled and waved her over and Neo looked at the male a little curious. Not that she wasn't a little happy to see him but she was more curious as to why he was there with Emerald. When Neo got close she looked at the male offering him a kind smile.

"I'd hope that you'd remember Neo even in her current state," Emerald said gesturing to the female beside her. King was a little surprised to see the female. Not because of the fact she was that but because she looked completely different than the last time he had seen her. Her once pink and brown hair that was tied back was now a solid black color that was tied into twin tails.

"Of course," King said looking at the female Neo then went to sit on the seat beside Emerald and King quickly kicked the chair out from under her. When he did the female fell to the ground and looked at him with shock, anger, and surprise. "Karma's a bitch huh," King said with a playful smirk. After hearing this Neo let a slight smile cross her face and stood up.

It wasn't often that someone decided to try and get even with her but it was always refreshing when someone did. As for Emerald it took almost every fiber of her being to stifle the laugh she was holding in. Not only did she find it funny bit she was also surprised that he actually held a grudge. He wasn't as sweet and innocent as he usually let himself on to be unlike that Ruby Rose character she had been ordered to follow.

"Now that we got that out of the way," King said with a smile as he leaned forward in his chair looking at the two females in front of him. "I'll admit it's nice to see you two again," King said looking at the two.

"It's good to see you again too. Right Neo?" Emerald asked looking at the female beside her. When she did Neo nodded and the two looked at King.

"So what have you two been doing?" King asked looking at the two in front of him.

"We haven't been doing much ever since we got to Vale," Emerald said looking at the male in front of her. This was an obvious lie but she couldn't tell him what they were really doing.

"I see, well I joined Beacon other than that I really don't have much to say," King said looking at Emerald.

"Yeah, I heard that the headmaster made you a moderator," Emerald said looking at him.

"People keep bringing that up, to be honest I think he only did it because he didn't have a team for me," King said looking at the two in front of him. When he said this Neo looked as if she had just thought of something and began to write on a napkin.