Escapade or Escape?

Previously:
"Your dad is..." she took a deep breath. "Tony Stark."

I blinked and felt Kayden jerk beneath me.

"What? The billionaire who lives in New York?" Kayden asked considering I was at a loss for words.

She nodded. "The genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist, heartthrob."

I mentally groaned. This could not be happening. He was an alcoholic who didn't care about anything except his work and he had no dedication to any human being. And to top it all off, this nurse had a crush on him.

"So what happens now?" I managed to find my voice and ask.

The nurse came back to earth and lost the dreamy look in her eye.

"Well we are required to send you to live with him because he is your father and you don't have any other family members."

I was about to respond when I noticed two police officers appear in the doorway behind her.

"What's going on?" I was immediately defensive and Kayden grasped my hand.

She turned around and saw the officers. "They're here to escort you back to your house to pack your things."

"I'm leaving now?!"

"You can't just take her!"

"We can't keep you here and you can't live by yourself. So yes, they're here to escort you to your house to gather your things, and then the airport where you will fly to New York."

I immediately wanted to refuse, but I knew there was no escaping from here. The only door was blocked by two policemen, the bathroom obviously had no way out, and the window would offer me a 10 story drop down to the oh so squishy pavement. So I just nodded.

"Hey you're going to be okay. You can call me everyday and rant and rave about how either awesome or awful life is with him."

"I'm moving across the country Kayden. A new school. A new house. A new life. All with some man I've never even met before."

He cupped my face in his hands as he looked me in the eyes, and for a moment I thought he was going to kiss me.

"You are going to be fine. You know how I know that?"

"Because that's what you're required to say to someone who has their world flipped upside down?"

He smiled a small smile. "Well maybe that's part of it. But you are brave and strong. You are one of the most amazing people I have ever met and you have NEVER let anything stop you. That's one of the things I admire most about you. You're not a damsel in distress. You're stronger than that. You're that girl that every guy hopes for, but gives up on finding because they think a girl like that doesn't exist. But yet here you are. Smarter and more stunning than any guy could ever imagine. I feel insanely lucky to be able to call you my girlfriend. You are strong, you are brave, and you are beautiful. Don't let anyone try and tell you any different."

He leaned in and kissed my forehead. When he went to lean back, I pulled him into one of my very few hugs. He immediately began hugging me back.

"I'm going to miss you Kayden. I don't want to say goodbye."

He rubbed the small of my back. "Then don't. You're going to see me again soon okay? And until then, call me as many times as you want."

The nurse walked over and changed my bandages. Kayden embraced me one more time in his arms whispering in my ear,

"You'll always be in my heart April."

He let go of me and with one final look back at him I walked between the two officers out of the hospital.