Meet and Freak

"How was school?" The voice of Happy Hogan was a petty welcome relief to April's ears. After all the rest of her day had been spent hearing whispers about her and the basketball stunt all over school. Thankfully she hadn't run into Flash and was able to escape the first day of school intact.
"Did you learn anything?"

People are narcissistic idiots who need to stop playing into movie cliches.

"Apparently not considering I have to go back tomorrow."

Happy wasn't sure whether he should smile or frown. So he settled for keeping his face blank and changing the subject.

"How about we stop at Burger King for a milkshake?"

April's eyes lit up. She couldn't remember the last time she had had a milkshake. They had always been an expense that wasn't necessary and therefore couldn't be afforded.

"Definitely yes." She grinned. She could forget about Flash for now.

April leaned forward from the back seat and changed the radio station to one that she liked and cranked it up. Happy sent her a half glare and switched it back.

"Uh uh. The driver controls the stereo."

"Uh no. The passenger does because the driver is focused on driving and the passenger would be bored without good music."

"Yeah but the driver kinda needs his ears to pay attention and that music is causing my ears to bleed."

"Your music is older than I am."

"Your 'music' is just loud noise."

"Your music-"

April was cut off by the sound of Happy's phone ringing. April snatched the cell out of his hand.

"Look buddy. We are trying to have a very serious argument of who has a better taste in music... well actually more like who has A taste in music. So you interrupting is very rude right now."

"Is it bring your kid to work day? I don't remember making that a holiday for my employees," a snarky voice said over the phone.

April's stomach clenched. Her hand began to shake. She knew that voice. It was one always on the news or celebrity gossip channels.

But this was the first time April realized the voice belonged to her father.

"Hey whoever this is, give the phone to your big mean daddy and let the adults talk," said Tony Stark

April was frozen. She gulped. She didn't know what to say. She couldn't believe her first words to her alleged father. And she hadn't even said hi.

"Hello? Dopey? Phone to your dad. Now."

April thrust the phone at Happy.

"Hello?" He was very confused at this point.

"Okay Happy I don't know whether I should be more mad about you bringing your daughter to work with you on a day that is clearly not one of the 3 holidays that I so generously give you OR the fact that you aren't waiting outside the hotel for me like you're supposed to be!"

"Sir I'm not supposed to be at a hotel-"

"Happy, lemme ask you something. Do you remember Saturday night?"

"Sir that was-"

"Last Saturday night," Tony said steamrolling over Happy, "We went out for drinks with Pepper and that hot chick I hooked you up with-hang on are you married?"

"Tony-"

"Nevermind I don't care. Anyway, Saturday, yeah hot chicks, lots of tequila yadda yadda yadda. We got to talking before heading our separate ways. I told you I had a meeting with Capsicle and Fury Monday and needed a ride back to the tower because they refused to let me bring my suit just because last time I may- or may not!- have blasted a whole through the building. Fun fact, Happy, today is Monday and guess what is not here?"